三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

中文USEUROPEAFRICAASIA

Chinese rescuers search in tough relief conditions

By Zhang Yunbi in Tacloban, Philippines ( China Daily ) Updated: 2013-12-03 08:15:00

Zhang Yong, head of the Blue Sky Rescue Team of the Red Cross Society of China, spent the past week with his seven team members searching for bodies in areas ravaged by Typhoon Haiyan.

After the fourth day of searching, his feet were covered in massive blisters. To make matters worse, the blisters had started to fester.

Chinese rescuers search in tough relief conditions

Philippines hails Chinese hospital ship

"Don't move! Look! What have you done to them?" said Chen Yuqiu, a medical staff member of the international rescue team of RCSC.

Chen carefully poked each blister with an injection needle to drain them of liquid and sterilized the wounds. Zhang was relatively motionless during the treatment.

Thus far, Zhang and his team have retrieved 51 bodies since their search operations began on Nov 25 in severely damaged Leyte province in the central Philippines. All of the bodies have been transferred to local authorities.

For Zhang, a veteran rescuer who goes by the nickname Yuan Shan (meaning "mountain far away"), the number of bodies the RCSC has retrieved is considerably high since most of the victims immediately after the disaster - found floating in the water - had been rescued in the first two weeks after Nov 8.

"It is a humanitarian duty and an accepted practice around the world to retrieve dead bodies from a natural disaster and make sure that they can rest in peace. The victims deserve respect like living human beings," Zhang said.

Chinese rescuers search in tough relief conditions

This is the first large-scale mission for Zhang's team, who he said have waited five years to take on a mission of this magnitude. He and the team covered almost every major natural disaster within China, including the Yushu earthquake in 2010.

Zhang said there is little difference between the operations in China and abroad as long as preparations are made.

"Before going to the Philippines, a group of our people gathered information to get a clearer picture of the greatest demands within the devastated areas," he said.

Most of the team members are expert hikers and had no trouble traversing the hilly islands of the Philippines.

The biggest challenge is the high levels of contamination in local water sources, which were filled with decaying dead bodies and debris.

Zhang said his team members come from various parts of China and received their Philippines mission just after a series of training sessions in Beijing in early November.

"Many of them had only three or four days free and could not go home. I want to write letters to their families and say thanks," Zhang said.

Chinese rescuers search in tough relief conditions

Chinese rescuers disinfect debris left by Typhoon Haiyan in Tacloban, the Philippines, on Nov 25. Wang Jing / China Daily

Previous Page 1 2 3 Next Page

Most Popular
Special
...
...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲在线一区 | 成人精品mv视频在线观看 | 国产喷水吹潮视频在线播放 | 黄色国产精品 | 欧美激情特级黄aa毛片 | 一级成人a做片免费 | 免费一级大黄特色大片 | 欧美亚洲视频在线观看 | 激情在线播放免费视频高清 | 一级日本特黄毛片视频 | 亚洲qingse| 欧美另类亚洲一区二区 | 三级黄色在线 | 4444亚洲国产成人精品 | 黄色一级片视频 | 2020久久精品永久免费 | 欧美精品国产日韩综合在线 | 真人毛片免费全部播放完整 | 精品免费在线 | 91精品手机国产在线观 | 免费簧片在线观看 | 精品国产一区二区在线观看 | 五月婷婷色视频 | 国产乱码一区二区三区四 | 一级毛片视频播放 | 国产美女网| 一级黄色大片视频 | 欧美亚洲综合另类在线观看 | 我想看一级黄色毛片 | 一级毛片高清免费播放 | 黄色成人在线播放 | 九月丁香婷婷 | 麻豆传媒入口直接进入免费 | 国产乱码精品一区二区三区网页版 | 99热这里都是国产精品 | 国产一级理论免费版 | 亚洲精品永久一区 | 国产在线视频在线观看 | 精品无人区乱码一区二区三区手机 | 国产在线观看不卡免费高清 | 欧美日韩综合在线视频免费看 |