三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

Philippine typhoon kills 650

Updated: 2011-12-19 07:29

(Agencies)

  Comments() Print Mail Large Medium  Small 分享按鈕 0

Search goes on for hundreds still missing

CAGAYAN DE ORO, the Philippines - Rescuers searched for more than 800 people missing in the southern Philippines on Sunday after flash floods and landslides swept houses into rivers and out to sea, killing more than 650 people in areas ill-prepared to cope with storms.

Philippine typhoon kills 650

Victims of Typhoon Washi try to recover what they can in a village in Cagayan de Oro in the southern Philippines on Sunday. Rescuers searched for more than 800 people still missing on Sunday after flash floods and landslides swept houses away killing more than 650 people in areas ill-prepared to cope with deadly storms. Photo by Erik De Castro / Reuters

Cagayan de Oro and nearby Iligan on Mindanao island were worst hit when Typhoon Washi slammed ashore while people slept late on Friday and early on Saturday, sending torrents of water and mud through villages and stripping mountainsides bare. The Philippine National Red Cross (PNRC) said 652 people were killed in eight provinces in the southern Mindanao region, with more than 800 missing.

"Our office was swamped with hundreds of requests to help find their missing parents, children and relatives," said PNRC Secretary-General Gwendolyn Pang. "We're helping coordinate the search with local government, army, police and even other aid agencies."

Floods washed away entire houses with families inside in dozens of coastal villages in Cagayan de Oro and Iligan.

"This is the first time this has happened in our city," said Vicente Emano, mayor of Cagayan de Oro. He said officials in the area did not receive adequate warning before the typhoon struck.

The state disaster agency said adequate warnings had been given to officials and residents three days before the typhoon made landfall on Friday.

Disaster and health officials were struggling to deal with the scores of bodies that have been recovered. Some were stacked one on top of each other in mortuaries that were unable to cope with the numbers of dead.

In a statement issued on Sunday, the Chinese embassy in the Philippines said it will donate 440,000 pesos ($10,000) in relief funds through the PNRC.

So far, no Chinese nationals have been found dead in the flash floods, a Chinese embassy official said on Sunday. An official with the Chinese consulate in Cebu said there were reports so far of casualties among Chinese citizens.

 

主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲深夜| 亚洲欧美小视频 | 免费观看日本a毛片 | 黄色片在线播放 | 亚洲国产精品久久久久 | 日韩欧美国产高清 | 在线黄色影院 | 日本xxxⅹ色视频在线观看网站 | 国产成人精品777 | 日本在线日本中文字幕日本在线视频播放 | 久久成人国产 | 一级免费片 | 春色视频一区二区三区 | 色综合天天综合网国产成人网 | 亚洲 欧美 日韩中文字幕一区二区 | 看真人一一级毛片 | 欧美二级黄色片 | 成人永久免费高清 | 日韩欧美国产高清在线观看 | 亚洲尹人香蕉网在线视颅 | 亚洲国产成人精品女人久久久 | 亚洲精品影院一区二区 | 欧美成人丝袜一区二区 | 一本色道久久综合亚洲精品加 | 精品一区二区三区在线观看 | 亚洲国产成人精品久久 | 欧美性猛交 | 国产福利91精品一区二区 | 婷婷丁香激情五月 | 成人影片在线播放 | 日本黄色免费一级片 | 一级片二级片 | 亚洲第一毛片 | 青青青青爽极品在线视频 | 欧美精品午夜毛片免费看 | 一级特黄aaa大片在 一级特黄aaa大片在线观看 | 日本三级黄色网址 | 国产成人午夜精品5599 | 伊人伊狠亚洲综合影院 | 91麻豆精品视频 | 国产精品好好热在线观看 |