三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

Make me your Homepage
left corner left corner
China Daily Website

Brazil stunned by wild soccer brawl

Updated: 2013-12-11 07:08
By Agence France-Presse in Rio de Janeiro ( China Daily)

Violent clashes between local fans leave Cup host reeling

Brazil pledged to stamp out stadium violence on Monday after hooliganism marred a weekend first division league game, raising fresh doubts about its ability to stage a trouble-free World Cup.

President Dilma Rousseff said Brazil could not and would not tolerate soccer violence after fans of Atletico Paranaense and Vasco da Gama fought pitched battles in the southern city of Joinville.

Graphic television footage showed hundreds of fans of both sides kicking and punching for several minutes with the game only a few minutes old, forcing the referee to call a halt for an hour as order was belatedly restored.

The violence continued unabated as the hooligans ran amok, clashing in several sections of the stands.

At least three fans were hurt with one, who is believed to have suffered a fractured skull, airlifted to safety by helicopter.

There was further controversy after police failed to intervene and it later transpired Atletico had only drafted private security personnel to 'police' a "private event".

Rousseff was forthright in her condemnation. "A footballing country cannot live with violence in its stadiums. This violence goes against all that we associate with football," the president said.

"The presence of police is necessary in stadiums," she said.

Sports Minister Aldo Rebelo also condemned the violence and vowed his ministry would be asking why military police had not been on hand.

"Those responsible must be identified and punished," Rebelo said.

And Andrei Rodrigues, a justice ministry official dealing with security during major events, said what happened in Joinville "will not happen again during the World Cup".

Stressing the weekend league match was not under FIFA control, he told a media conference: "What I can say is that this is not the model of security that will be used during the World Cup.

"We have an integrated security scheme in which private security will work in tandem with public authorities with respect to ticket control, searches of spectators and identification of people," he said.

"Each of the (12)World Cup host arenas will be monitored by 200 cameras in real time, with clear intervention plans."

On Sunday, FIFA said it regretted any form of soccer violence but said it should have no impact on the World Cup.

"However, for the 2014 FIFA World Cup a very comprehensive security concept is in place in an integrated operation between private and public security authorities to ensure the safety for fans, players and any other stakeholder involved in the event," a spokesperson said.

Brazilian media expressed consternation at an admission by state authorities that security inside the ground was left in the hands of private security with state police only on duty outside.

"The forces of law and order intervened later because security at the match was under the responsibility of a private company employed by Atletico," said police spokesman Adilson Moreira.

A spokeswoman for Santa Catarina state's public prosecutor said "this was an isolated case" and that normally police would be expected to be inside the stadium rather than just outside.

Brazil stunned by wild soccer brawl

Only after the fans had been left to their own violent devices did security forces wielding guns and firing rubber bullets intervene.

Atletico was playing the match in Joinville, about 135 kilometers south of its home city of Curitiba - which will host World Cup action next year - following previous disorder.

Brazilian television showed players, some clearly in shock, and coaching staff appealing for calm.

One Atletico player was in tears as he looked on incredulously at prostrate fans being kicked in the head and beaten.

"I have been playing for 20 years and I have never seen anything like this in person. We will have a World Cup in our country and we know these images will be shown everywhere," defender Luiz Alberto said.

The violence was the last thing Brazil needed as it struggles to prepare the 12 host venues for the World Cup with at least three stadiums still running behind schedule, including Sao Paulo, slated to host the opening match on June 12.

Following its defeat, Vasco da Gama was relegated from the elite division.

Also going down on what Lance sports daily dubbed a "barbarous" day for the game was fellow Rio de Janeiro team Fluminense - last year's champion.

"It is regrettable to see these type of things at this time when everyone is talking about the next World Cup in the country," said Vasco technical director Adilson Batista.

 Brazil stunned by wild soccer brawl

Vasco da Gama supporters beat up an Atletico Paranaense fan during their Brazilian championship match in Joinville in Santa Catarina state on Monday. According to local media, four people were injured and hospitalized during fights between soccer fans at the game. It was stopped during the clashes and resumed after an hour. Carlos Moraes / Agencia O Dia / Reuters

(China Daily 12/11/2013 page24)

8.03K
 
Hot Topics
A sailor from British Royal Navy destroyer HMS Daring tries to catch a mooring line to dock in the north side of the bund at Huangpu River in Shanghai December 10, 2013.
...
...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产特黄特色一级特色大片 | 亚洲嗯啊| 国产99r视频精品免费观看 | 日韩在线小视频 | 91po国产在线高清福利 | 久久无码精品一区二区三区 | 521香蕉永久播放地址 | 国产福利91精品一区二区 | 日韩欧美精品综合久久 | 婷婷久久综合网 | 手机国产日韩高清免费看片 | 日韩成人在线观看视频 | 国产精彩视频在线观看免费蜜芽 | 日韩大片观看网址 | 中文字幕在线播 | 久久色吧| 日本a黄| 国产亚洲高清视频 | 国内精品1区1区3区4区 | 免费在线黄色片 | 在线观看成人免费 | 久久精品视频一区二区三区 | 日韩精品专区 | 欧美图片一区二区三区 | 玖玖香蕉视频 | 免费看在线爱爱小视频 | 五月天六月婷婷 | 九九久久久久午夜精选 | 黄色片网站免费 | 亚洲婷婷国产精品电影人久久 | 麻豆国产在线观看一区二区 | 久久婷婷久久一区二区三区 | 国产国语一级毛片全部 | 国产乱码视频 | 日韩国产欧美视频 | 九九热精| 欧美色黄| 国产成人精品视频免费大全 | 在线免费观看a级片 | 亚洲中字幕永久在线观看 | 欧美一区永久视频免费观看 |