三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
China
Home / China / Society

Chinese veteran trapped in India for 54 years sets off home

By Liu Jing | chinadaily.com.cn | Updated: 2017-02-10 11:31

Chinese veteran trapped in India for 54 years sets off home

Wang Qi has been unable to return to China for 54 years. [Photo/CCTV]

An 80 year-old Chinese veteran, who has been trapped in India for half a century, is setting off on his long-awaited return home today, China Central Television reports.

Wang Qi has finally received an Indian passport from India's Ministry of External Affairs allowing him to leave the country. He and his son plan to fly to China on Friday.

Wang says he is most looking forward to eating some of the specialty hand-made noodles from his village in Shaanxi province.

Wang said that he joined the Chinese People's Liberation army in 1960 and was dispatched to the border with India in 1960 during the Sino-India war. He got lost in December of that year in a forest near his camp and was then taken to India by an Indian Red Cross Vehicle.

He was later handed over to the Indian army and spent seven years in prison. After being released, Wang was sent to a remote village named Tirodi in India's central state of Madhya Pradesh and started a life there. He married a local woman and the couple raised four children.

The veteran had repeatedly applied to the Indian government to go back to China over the last few decades but he had been denied official Indian documents and citizenship time and again.

Chinese veteran trapped in India for 54 years sets off home

Wang Qi with his family. [Photo/CCTV]

He said he feels sorry for failing to make it to China when his mother passed away years ago.

His story was reported by media last month and instantly triggered calls for him to be repatriated.

China's embassy in India says it has pushed India to complete entry and exit procedures in time. Ambassador Luo Zhaohui talked to Wang over the phone on Saturday, telling Wang that the embassy has maintained close contact with the Indian government over the issue of facilitating his trip to China to visit family members. The embassy issued a 10-year Chinese passport to Wang in 2013, and since then has been providing him financial support.

In a report by Shaanxi-based Chinese Business View, a local official from Wang's hometown said the local government heard of Wang's plight years ago and decided to treat him equally with other villagers and give him a piece of residential land if he wanted to spend his later years at home.

According to Wang, there is another Chinese veteran in Tirodi named Liu Shurong. Originally from China's Chongqing municipality, Liu also got married to a local woman and has four children. However, Liu decided not to come back to China since he had gotten used to the life in India and has no relatives left in China.

Editor's picks
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
 
主站蜘蛛池模板: 欧美日韩一日韩一线不卡 | 国产一区二区欧美丝袜 | 九九九九在线精品免费视频 | 国产在线精品一区二区不卡 | 国产美女高清片免费观看 | 激情小视频在线播放免费 | 99热久久国产综合精品久久国产 | 欧美成人看片黄a免费看 | 欧美成人艳星在线播放 | 久久影院中文字幕 | 国产青青草 | 成本人h片3d动漫网站在线看 | 在线免费观看一区二区三区 | 亚洲精品自拍视频 | 久久精品国产精品亚洲精品 | 99久久er热在这里都是精品66 | 日韩黄色大片免费看 | 综合久久一区二区三区 | 国产综合久久久久影院 | 欧美一级毛片免费大全 | 欧美黄免在线播放 | 黄欧美 | 一级做a爱免费观看视频 | 国产97在线视频 | 毛片大片 | 91麻豆视频网站 | 亚洲国产综合久久精品 | 日本三级3本三级带黄 | 久久久久久91精品色婷婷 | 99在线国产| 女性无套免费网站在线看 | 免费簧片在线观看 | 黄a视频| 久久88香港三级台湾三级中文 | 免费黄色在线网址 | 521色香蕉网在线观看免费 | 91香蕉视频免费在线观看 | 日本不卡中文字幕一区二区 | 亚洲精品高清国产一久久 | 极品美女国产精品免费一区 | 久久国产亚洲欧美日韩精品 |