三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

Make me your Homepage
left corner left corner
China Daily Website

Court upholds verdict on Bo Xilai

Updated: 2013-10-26 01:00
By AN BAIJIE in Jinan ( China Daily)

Court upholds verdict on Bo Xilai

Former Chongqing Party secretary Bo Xilai appears before Shandong Higher People's Court in Jinan, Shandong province, on Friday. XIE HUANCHI / XINHUA

Shandong Higher People's Court on Friday rejected Bo Xilai's appeal and upheld his original sentence of life imprisonment for bribery, embezzlement and abuse of power.

The ruling, which also endorsed the first trial verdict to deprive Bo of his political rights for life, took immediate effect under China's Criminal Procedure Law.

In deciding to uphold the initial sentence, the court said the evidence was substantial and sufficient and legitimate trial procedures were followed.

Bo, 64, former Party secretary of Chongqing and a former member of the Political Bureau of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China, received a life sentence for bribery, embezzlement and abuse of power during his trial on Sept 22.

Jinan Intermediate People's Court ruled at the trial that Bo received bribes of 20.44 million yuan ($3.34 million) personally or through his family members between 1990 and 2012.

The court also convicted Bo of embezzling 5 million yuan from a public project in Dalian, Liaoning province, in 2002. The money was transferred to a bank account owned by his wife, Bogu Kailai, of which Bo was aware.

He also abused his power by blocking an investigation into a murder case, in which his wife killed British citizen Neil Heywood in November 2011, and by removing Chongqing police chief Wang Lijun from his post. This led to Wang fleeing to the US consulate in Chengdu last year, according to the trial verdict.

In his appeal, Bo raised 11 points to prove his innocence, but none of them was accepted by the appeal court.

In one point, Bo said his confessions were made under duress, and could not be taken as evidence. But the higher court said he made the confessions voluntarily and had not been subjected to physical or mental torture.

The higher court held that Bo's written confession, the testimony of witnesses, and related documents could be cross-examined.

More than 100 people, including four of Bo's relatives and journalists, heard Friday's decision, the higher court said on its website.

Before the appeal hearing, a panel set up by the higher court reviewed all the case files and video footage of the first trial and examined Bo's appeal documents and defense lawyers' opinions, the higher court said in a statement.

The panel had fully safeguarded Bo's rights by interrogating him several times, hearing the opinions of his lawyers, verifying all the evidence and examining the facts confirmed at the first trial, the statement said.

Under the Criminal Procedure Law, the second trial is the final trial in this type of case and the verdict takes immediate effect.

It means Bo will have to start serving his life term, said Li Zhaojie, a professor at Tsinghua University's School of Law.

Li said that theoretically Bo still has the chance to redress his case to Shandong Higher People's Court and the Supreme People's Court, the country's top court, by complaint, but such a complaint is not an appeal and does not affect the verdict.

anbaijie@chinadaily.com.cn

8.03K
 
...
...
...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产成人a毛片在线 | 亚洲精品久久久久综合网 | 视频二区精品中文字幕 | 国产麻豆精品在线观看 | 全黄一级裸片视频在线观看 | 免费黄色在线 | 12306播播影视播播影院午夜 | 瑟妃19禁福利视频在线看mp4 | 澳门一级毛片免费播放 | 亚洲国产精品毛片∧v卡在线 | 欧美日韩国产在线人成dvd | 国产在线观看91精品2022 | 成人国产精品高清在线观看 | 婷婷激情综合网 | 亚州综合激情另类久久久 | 久久精品国产线看观看亚洲 | 又爽又刺激的欧美毛片 | 综合激情区视频一区视频二区 | 韩国主播19福利视频在线观看 | 亚洲精品色综合久久 | 黄色片网址在线观看 | 亚洲精品日韩专区silk | 精品女同一区二区三区在线 | 女人被躁的视频在线观看 | 婷婷亚洲综合 | 国产精品偷伦视频免费观看了 | 在线永久免费观看的毛片 | 99久久免费国产香蕉麻豆 | 美国特黄特色的免费大片 | 大学生一级毛片全黄真人 | 九九九九九九精品免费 | 三及毛片 | 欧美视频一区二区在线观看 | 亚洲色图 激情小说 | 欧美国产黄色 | 欧美日韩免费播放一区二区 | 婷婷综合视频 | 丁香五月好婷婷深深爱 | 亚洲精品午夜久久aaa级久久久 | 男女性高清爱潮视频免费观看 | 国产伦码精品一区二区三区 |