24m to settle conspiracy lawsuit[1]- Chinadaily.com.cn

三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
Business / Gadgets

Apple, Google to pay $324m to settle conspiracy lawsuit

(Agencies) Updated: 2014-04-25 11:23

Apple, Google to pay $324m to settle conspiracy lawsuit

A Google logo is seen at the garage where the company was founded on Google's 15th anniversary in Menlo Park, California September 26, 2013. [Photo/Agencies]

SAN FRANCISCO - Four major tech companies including Apple and Google have agreed to pay a total of $324 million to settle a lawsuit accusing them of conspiring to hold down salaries in Silicon Valley, sources familiar with the deal said, just weeks before a high profile trial had been scheduled to begin.

Tech workers filed a class action lawsuit against Apple Inc, Google Inc, Intel Inc and Adobe Systems Inc in 2011, alleging they conspired to refrain from soliciting one another's employees in order to avert a salary war. They planned to ask for $3 billion in damages at trial, according to court filings. That could have tripled to $9 billion under antitrust law.

Apple, Google to pay $324m to settle conspiracy lawsuit
Apple goes green to mark Earth Day 

The case has been closely watched due to the potentially high damages award and the opportunity to peek into the world of Silicon Valley's elite. The case was based largely on emails in which Apple's late co-founder Steve Jobs, former Google CEO Eric Schmidt and some of their Silicon Valley rivals hatched plans to avoid poaching each other's prized engineers.

In one email exchange after a Google recruiter solicited an Apple employee, Schmidt told Jobs that the recruiter would be fired, court documents show. Jobs then forwarded Schmidt's note to a top Apple human resources executive with a smiley face.

Another exchange shows Google's human resources director asking Schmidt about sharing its no-cold call agreements with competitors. Schmidt, now the company's executive chairman, advised discretion.

"Schmidt responded that he preferred it be shared 'verbally, since I don't want to create a paper trail over which we can be sued later?'" he said, according to a court filing. The HR director agreed.

The companies had acknowledged entering into some no-hire agreements but disputed the allegation that they had conspired to drive down wages. Moreover, they argued that the employees should not be allowed to sue as a group.

Rich Gray, a Silicon Valley antitrust expert in private practice, said the companies had an incentive to avoid trial because their executives' emails would make them look extremely unsympathetic to a jury. However, the plaintiff attorneys risked an appeals court saying the engineers could not sue as a group at all.

"An appellate court could say, 'Hey we just don't buy that,'" Gray said.

Trial had been scheduled to begin at the end of May on behalf of roughly 64,000 workers.

Previous Page 1 2 Next Page

Hot Topics

Editor's Picks
...
...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 成人欧美视频在线看免费 | 最新大黄网站免费 | 国产精品综合一区二区三区 | 22eee在线播放成人免费视频 | 亚洲第一区视频 | 久久国产影视免费精品 | 日本久久久久久中文字幕 | 欧美性视频在线激情 | 亚洲一级二级三级 | 国产18岁 | 国产在线观看精品一区二区三区91 | 特黄女一级毛片 | 麻豆视频免费观看 | 99久久精品自在自看国产 | 9久9久女女热精品视频免费观看 | 久久天天躁狠狠躁夜夜爽蜜月 | 亚欧日韩毛片在线看免费网站 | 欧美人成一本免费观看视频 | 国产精品极品美女自在线看免费一区二区 | 一区二区三区精品国产 | 国产一区二区三区久久 | 亚洲综合日韩欧美一区二区三 | 色综合网亚洲精品久久 | 国产网站免费看 | 国产精品欧美一区二区三区不卡 | 国产91po在线观看免费观看 | 美女被免费网站在线视频九色 | 成人精品国产 | 色狠狠成人综合网 | 黄色录像在线免费观看 | 亚洲高清不卡 | 国产精品久久久久久一级毛片 | 精品999 | 精品午夜寂寞影院在线观看 | 国产1000部成人免费视频 | 成片免费的禁v影片 | 91精品国产肉丝高跟在线 | 国产一级在线播放 | 欧美人成在线视频 | 99精品在线免费 | 国产a一级毛片午夜剧院 |