三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Middle East

Medical aid, food supplies reach Yemen

China Daily | Updated: 2017-11-28 07:50

UNICEF says vaccines cargo can't be one-off due to 'immense need'

SANAA, Yemen - The UN child agency said it has flown 1.9 million doses of vaccines to war-torn Yemen, its first delivery of humanitarian aid after 20-day military blockade from Saudi-led coalition.

Regional UNICEF director Geert Cappelaere described Saturday's shipment as a "very small step" at a time of immense need and warned that it must not be a one-off.

The coalition had promised to reopen Yemen's main airport in the capital of Sanaa and the Red Sea port of Hodeida to humanitarian traffic by late last week.

Meanwhile, a ship carrying 5,500 tons of flour docked in Hodeidah on Sunday.

"It's the first commercial ship docked in the port after 20 days of blockade," Houthi official Khalid Jomaey said.

He said "another aid ship carrying wheat from the United Nations World Food Programme is sailing near the port and is set to dock within hours".

The delivery is the first commercial shipment to be allowed by the coalition into the rebel-controlled port.

On Wednesday, the Saudiled coalition fighting Shiite Houthi rebels said it would allow access of humanitarian supply planes to Sanaa and ships carrying aid to Hodeidah.

Jens Laerke, spokesman of the UN humanitarian aid coordination agency OCHA, said on Friday that what really matters is that "we can get the ports in Hodeidah and Saleef open both for humanitarian aid and for commercial imports".

The coalition has been facing escalating criticisms from senior UN officials and humanitarian agencies who expressed mounting concerns over already worsening humanitarian catastrophes in the wartorn Arab country which largely depends on humanitarian aid supplies and food imports.

The coalition, which intervened in the Yemeni conflict in March 2015 to back the Sunni government of the exiled president Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi, said it is planning to give clearance to aid ships only.

Around 10,000 Yemeni people, mostly civilians, have been killed in the conflict.

In dire need

"We hope all will live up to their promises," Cappelaere said. "These supplies are urgently needed."

More than 11 million children in Yemen are in dire need of aid, and it is estimated that every 10 minutes a child in Yemen dies of a preventable disease, he said.

New alarms were raised by an outbreak of diphtheria, with suspected cases already reported in five governorates, said Cappelaere. Cholera and acute watery diarrhea spread rapidly in recent months, including among children, with close to 1 million suspected cases reported.

"The war in Yemen is sadly a war on children," he said. "Yemen is facing the worst humanitarian crisis I have ever seen in my life."

Cappelaere said the 1.9 million doses are meant to vaccinate 600,000 children across Yemen against diphtheria, meningitis, whopping cough, pneumonia and tuberculosis.

AP - Xinhua - Reuters

 

 

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 日韩毛片高清在线看 | 色综合久久一区二区三区 | 国产网站在线播放 | 男女啪视频大全1000 | 91综合精品网站久久 | 1024香蕉视频 | 亚洲精品成人7777在线观看 | 97视频在线免费播放 | 亚洲 欧美 日韩在线一区 | 亚洲精品一区二区ai换脸 | 一级做a爱片特黄在线观看yy | 国产色综合天天综合网 | 操你网站 | 国产精品日本一区二区在线播放 | 国产美女在线一区二区三区 | 日本高清一级片 | 色国产在线视频一区 | 日韩字幕| 美国一级特色大黄 | 伊人色综合网一区二区三区 | 欧美中文字幕 | 国产精品免费久久久久影院小说 | 国产高清亚洲精品26u | 揄拍成人国产精品视频 | 国产成人性色视频 | 国产成人午夜片在线观看 | 黑人性视频做爰全过程视频 | 欧美视频在线看 | 亚洲三级色| 美女全黄网站免费观看 | 中文黄色 | 国产免费一区二区三区免费视频 | 操日本人 | 国产在线精彩视频二区 | 成年人网站黄 | 国产美女a做受大片在线观看 | 成人午夜在线视频 | 久久乐国产精品亚洲综合m3u8 | 欧美日韩亚洲一区二区三区 | 免费看黄视频 | 国产成人免费片在线观看 |