三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Middle East

Syria's Aleppo witnesses most violent military showdown in 4 years

Xinhua | Updated: 2016-10-31 09:45

Syria's Aleppo witnesses most violent military showdown in 4 years

Members of the Syrian Civil Defence, known as the White Helmets, search for victims amid the rubble of a destroyed building following reported air strikes in the rebel-held Qatarji neighbourhood of the northern city of Aleppo, on October 17, 2016. [Photo/Xinhua]

DAMASCUS - Syria's northern city of Aleppo is witnessing the most intense shelling and clashes since the conflict began there four years ago, following a major offensive the rebels had waged on Friday, a monitor group reported on Sunday.

Hundreds of rockets and unspecified shells targeted government-controlled areas in western Aleppo, as part of the rebels' battle of "Greater Epic of Aleppo," according to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.

The London-based watchdog group said the rebels of Jaish al-Fateh, or the Army of Conquest, one of 12 rebel groups waging the offensive in Aleppo, have received new advanced Grad missile and heavy bombs, whose kind is still unknown.

It said the rebels were heavily using the Grad missiles in their attacks on western Aleppo.

Following their offensive, the rebels, including ultra-radical ones, advanced into the government-controlled area of Assad Suburb in western Aleppo, in their push to break the siege imposed by the Syrian army on rebel-held areas in eastern Aleppo.

The Observatory, which says it relies on a network of activists on ground, said the Syrian army was trying to unleash a counter-offensive to recapture areas it lost in the Assad Suburb and the Jamiyet al-Zahra area in western Aleppo.

It said 55 government forces have so far been killed in the attack.

Meanwhile, tens of civilians were either wounded or killed by the violent shelling on eastern Aleppo.

The Observatory also said that Syrian soldiers suffered suffocation as a result of poisonous gas used in the battles on Sunday.

The state news agency SANA said the rebels used chemical gas in shelling the Assad Military Academy in the Assad Suburb area.

Meantime, a Syrian military source told Xinhua that the Syrian army unleashed a counter attack in Aleppo, achieving notable gains, while killing many "terrorists."

The wide-scale rebel offensive and the intensified shelling have pushed the UN special envoy to Syria, Staffan de Mistura, to express his "shock" over the shelling.

In a statement Sunday, Mistura said there were "documented reports cited from field sources" indicating tens of civilian victims in government-controlled areas in western Aleppo, including children.

"Those who claim the goal of the attack is to ease the siege on eastern Aleppo must remember that there is nothing justifying the use of random and disproportionate weapons, including heavy ones, on civilian areas, which could be tantamount to war crimes," he said.

The Syrian army has laid a siege on rebel-held areas in Aleppo in recent months, urging the rebels to surrender themselves or leave eastern Aleppo to other rebel-held areas in the northwestern province of Idlib.

The rebels didn't comply with the military repeated requests. Last week, a three-day truce, aiming to ease the evacuation of civilians and rebels who want to surrender in exchange for pardon, expired with a few civilians and rebels evacuating.

The Syrian government accused the rebels of preventing the civilians, around 250,000, from leaving.

Observers believe that Aleppo is going to be the decisive battle ground among the fighting groups, and the winner will be the one dictating its conditions to resolve the crisis, as the province contains all the groups that are supported by regional and international powers, with the civilians paying the price for this proxy war.

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 国自产在线精品免费 | 精品69久久久久久99 | 免费在线观看黄视频 | 成年女美黄网站大全免费播放 | 国内精品九一在线播放 | 一级骚片超级骚在线观看 | 亚洲福利视频网 | 日韩色视频一区二区三区亚洲 | 韩国一级黄色 | 亚洲三级一区 | 大陆一级毛片免费高清 | 亚洲第一天堂网 | 在线不卡一区 | 日韩欧美毛片免费观看视频 | 日韩成人黄色片 | 五月婷婷综合色 | 国产精品亚洲综合第一区 | 国产精品美女免费视频观看 | 永久免费毛片在线播放 | 国产视频日本 | 亚洲国产第一 | 黄色一集片 | 日本与大黑人xxxx | 亚洲欧美日韩中文字幕一区二区三区 | 欧美精品免费线视频观看视频 | 国产又爽又色在线观看 | 国产亚洲福利精品一区二区 | 色视网| 国产91短视频 | 国产精品jizz在线观看软件 | 亚洲三级免费 | 最近更新中文字幕第一页 | 无码日韩精品一区二区免费 | 美女xx网站 | 午夜影院在线观看视频 | 久久精品亚洲精品国产欧美 | 免费三级大片 | 国产一级aaa全黄毛片 | 韩国一级特黄毛片大 | 久久99精品久久久久久青青日本 | 免费成人黄色 |