三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
World / Asia-Pacific

Philippine police confirm nearly 1,800 deaths in war on drugs

(Xinhua) Updated: 2016-08-22 15:28
Philippine police confirm nearly 1,800 deaths in war on drugs

Members of Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) stand guard besides confiscated illegal drugs such as methamphetamine hydrochloride, referred as Shabu, cocaine, marijuana, ephedrine, ketamine, pseudoephedrine and expired medicines, during the destruction of illegal drugs at a waste management facility in Trece Martires town, Cavite, south of Manila July 14, 2016. [Photo/VCG]

MANILA - Philippine National Police Director General Ronald de la Rosa said on Monday a total of 1,779 people have been killed in the Philippines' war on illicit drugs since July 1.

He told a senate inquiry that 712 were killed in ongoing police operations while 1,067 died in "vigilante-type" killings, meaning "outside of police operations."

De la Rosa said in his opening statement that the Philippine National Police's "stand against extrajudicial killings is uncompromising."

"If any cop is found violating the law of self-defence he will be investigated, prosecuted and accordingly punished," he said.

"On the speculation of vigilante killings, the PNP does not and will never condone vigilante killings," he added. "I have previously mentioned that these killings are perpetrated by various syndicate groups involved in illegal drugs."

De la Rosa vowed to apply the "full force of the law against those responsible for these killings" outside of police operations.

The increasing number of killings in the administration's war against drugs has caught the attention of the United Nations and other international human rights groups.

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte however is unfazed by the growing criticisms, repeatedly saying the fight against drugs will be relentless and will be sustained.

"I am willing to answer all (my critics). I assume full responsibility for what happened because I was the one who ordered it," Duterte told a news conference in Davao City at the weekend.

"My instructions at the very first day of my term were that: go out and hunt for these criminals. Arrest them if they surrender peacefully but if they put up a violent stunt then you just have to kill him because I do not want people in government dying needlessly for doing his work when you were then leaving behind a family and children," he said.

The president lamented that the government is also losing an average of two or three police officers in every drug operation launched by the police.

Duterte has singled out a senator, police generals, judges and politicians who were allegedly involved in illicit drugs operations in the country.

He said drug addiction has become a pandemic, saying there are an estimated 3.7 million Filipinos who are hooked into drugs. So far, he said 600,000 drug users and pushers have "surrendered" and took the drug test since his administration launched the campaign when he took over the presidency on June 30.

 

Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
Most Popular
Hot Topics

...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 天天鲁天天玩天天爽天天 | 亚洲精品综合网在线8050影院 | a毛片免费 | 一线高清视频在线观看www国产 | 亚欧在线视频 | 久久香蕉国产线看观看网站 | 亚洲精品a| 在线看的黄色网址 | 五月天六月丁香 | 日韩午夜激情视频 | 精品国产香蕉伊思人在线 | 9191国语精品高清在线最新 | 成人伊人青草久久综合网破解版 | 国产乱理伦片a级在线观看 国产乱理伦片在线观看 | 2018高清国产一道国产 | 久久精品视频在线 | 欧美视频在线免费播放 | 九九激情视频 | 亚洲国产一区二区三区 | 妖精永久免费观看 | 国产精品深爱在线 | 国产第二页 | 国产成人综合怡春院精品 | 另类欧美亚洲 | 东京一热本色道久久爱 | 在线视频观看你懂的我的 | 97视频在线免费观看 | 中国黄色毛片视频 | 超黄视频网站 | 在线午夜| 黄色片网站在线免费观看 | 视频偷拍一级视频在线观看 | 国产成人一区二区精品非洲 | 国产一区在线播放 | 日韩精品久久久久影院 | 中文字幕在线播 | 精品五夜婷香蕉国产线看观看 | 国产xvideos在线观看 | 亚洲国产精品美女 | 国产++欧洲韩国野花视频 | 大色综合|