三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
World / US and Canada

10 candidates for next UN chief to be in 'globally televised' debate

(Xinhua) Updated: 2016-07-12 09:07
UNITED NATIONS -- Ten of the 12 candidates who have announced their bids to replace UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon will take part in a first-ever "globally televised" debate, President Mogens Lykketoft of the General Assembly said Monday.

It is to be held in the UN General Assembly hall from 6-9 p.m. Tuesday (2300 Tuesday-0200 Wednesday GMT) and available free from UNTV and Al Jazeera Media Network, producers of the broadcast, Lykketoft said at a press conference here.

"The first globally televised event where 10 of the 12 candidates for the position of the next secretary-general are able to be present," Lykketoft said.

"We all know that this is a unique process up until now of transparency," he said of the process to select a successor to Ban, who retires at the end of 2016 after two five-year terms. "This televised event open for any kind of broadcaster around the world and for social media will be yet another step forward."

"The aim we are looking for is much broader participation in the general (UN) membership and the general public of the world in the selection of the next secretary general," the president said. "This is the town hall of the United Nations."

Ten candidates who have confirmed participation, after drawing of lots, have been split into two groups to participate in discussions and answer questions, Lykketoft said.

The first group consists of Vesna Pusic of Croatia, Antonio Guterres of Portugal, Susana Malcorra of Argentina, Vuk Jeremic of Serbia and Natalia Gherman of Moldova. In the second group are Helen Clark of New Zealand, Danilo Turk of Slovenia, Christiana Figueres of Costa Rica, Igor Luksic of Montenegro and Irina Bokova Bulgaria.

Srgjan Kerim of the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia and Slovakia's Miroslav Lajcak were unable to attend, Lykketoft said.

According to the UN Charter, "The secretary-general shall be appointed by the General Assembly upon the recommendation of the Security Council."

Previously, this has resulted in the council secretly choosing a single candidate for recommendation to the General Assembly.

The current selection process was opened up in the name of transparency and so far nine of the 12 candidates have been publicly interviewed by members in the General Assembly. The 10th interview, of Figueres, is scheduled for Thursday.

Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
Most Popular
Hot Topics

...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 欧美性生活视频免费播放网址大全观看 | 91在线国内在线播放老师 | 国内自拍欧美 | 99精品在线免费 | 亚洲欧美激情小说另类 | 9久9久女女热精品视频免费观看 | 91亚洲国产成人久久精品网站 | 欧美黄www免费 | 97国产成人精品视频 | 色综合久久综合中文小说 | 欧美精品第1页在线播放 | 肉色网站 | 手机在线观看黄色 | 性生大片一级毛片免费观看 | 国产一在线精品一区在线观看 | 在线中文字幕精品b | 欧美啊啊 | 日本黄色免费在线观看 | 成人免费国产gav视频在线 | 日本大片成人免费播放 | 九九99九九在线精品视频 | 国产成人lu在线视频 | 国产91页 | 国产国语在线播放视频 | 91大学生视频 | 日韩在线视 | 国产精品1024在线观看免费看 | 日韩中文字幕在线亚洲一区 | 国产最新网址 | 欧洲女人性开放视频在线观看 | 国产第一区精品视频ai换脸 | 久久精品亚洲一区二区 | 久草香蕉视频在线观看 | 久草亚洲视频 | 亚欧日韩毛片在线看免费网站 | 玖草影视| 日韩欧美一级毛片在线 | xxxww日本| 免费国产成人高清视频网站 | 看片在线观看免费 | 日本免费人成黄页在线观看视频 |