三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

Home / World / US and Canada

Protesters mass after another police shooting of black man in US

(Agencies) Updated: 2016-07-08 11:05 Comments

Protesters mass after another police shooting of black man in US

Hundreds of 'Black Lives Matter' protesters march in the streets of New York City, New York, USA, July 7, 2016. Across the US, thousands of people protested against the recent killings of black men by police officers. [Photo/IC]

ST PAUL, Minnesota - Protesters in Chicago, New York and St. Paul, Minnesota, took to the streets on Thursday to express outrage after the second fatal police shooting of a black man in the United States in two days.

The protests were peaceful but tension was evident after the shooting of Philando Castile, 32, by police near St. Paul late on Wednesday. His girlfriend posted live video on the internet of the bloody scene minutes afterward, which was widely viewed.

Castile's death occurred within a day of the shooting of 37-year-old Alton Sterling in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Sterling was killed during an altercation with two white police officers. Graphic video of that incident caused an outcry on social media.

In Chicago, protesters shut down a stretch of the Dan Ryan Expressway - one of Chicago's main arteries - for about 10 minutes on Thursday.

In New York, several hundred protesters blocked traffic in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan, chanting "Hands up, don't shoot." Police eventually cleared the intersection of 7th Avenue and 42nd Street to let traffic proceed.

In St. Paul, about a thousand people gathered outside the governor's mansion, chanting "Hey hey, ho ho, those killer cops have got to go," and other slogans.

Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton made a brief appearance in an attempt to quell the crowd. Earlier in the day, he said a state investigation was already under way.

"Would this have happened if the driver and the passengers were white? I don't think it would have," Dayton told reporters. "So I'm forced to confront that this kind of racism exists, and it's incumbent upon all of us to vow and ensure that it doesn't happen and doesn't continue to happen."

Dayton called for the US Department of Justice to open its own investigation, but the department said on Thursday it would assist the state investigation as necessary. The Justice Department has opened an investigation into the Baton Rouge shooting.

Previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next Page

Most Popular
...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 一二级黄色片 | 日日摸日日碰日日狠狠 | 国产h版大片在线播放 | 在线免费观看小视频 | 人喾交性专区免费看 | 国产最强大片免费视频 | 国产精品美女在线观看 | 91人人视频国产香蕉 | 精品成人一区二区 | 欧美视频中文字幕 | 黄色毛片免费进入 | 九九夜夜 | 国产精品香蕉 | 黄色片网址 | 国产福利一区二区在线精品 | 中国美女bbbbbxxxxx| 制服丝袜综合第八页 | 国产区亚洲区 | 九九九九精品视频在线播放 | 99视频只有精品 | 四虎884aa永久播放地址http | 五月色综合婷婷综合俺来也 | 亚洲美女福利视频在线 | 99ri国产在线观看 | 韩国亚洲伊人久久综合影院 | 99在线精品日韩一区免费国产 | 久久综合精品不卡一区二区 | 国产亚洲精品福利片 | 丁香婷婷色综合亚洲小说 | 国产福利在线永久视频 | 一级骚片超级骚在线观看 | 欧美洲久久日韩欧美 | 国产精品久久国产三级国电话系列 | 国产免费区| 毛茸茸年轻成熟亚洲人 | 国产精品一二三区 | jizz国产精品| 青青国产成人久久91网 | 一级做a爱 一区 | 久久精品一 | 国产乱子视频 |