三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
World / Asia-Pacific

Candidate for UN chief backs Beijing's direct talks stance

By An Baijie (China Daily) Updated: 2016-07-08 07:37

Parties involved in maritime disputes should use peaceful means to settle their differences in line with international law, said a candidate for UN secretary-general.

Danilo Turk, a former president of Slovenia, made the remark on Tuesday when asked by China Daily to comment on China's call for direct dialogue and negotiation with countries in dealing with maritime disputes.

Candidate for UN chief backs Beijing's direct talks stance

"Every dispute settlement process includes the element of negotiation. It is fundamental that parties to a dispute retain communication throughout the dispute settlement process," Turk said.

"In addition, China has declared commitment to seeking win-win outcomes as its basic principle in handling international relations. This is wise and should help in finding solutions to the actual disputes," he said.

Turk, a Slovenian diplomat, professor of international law, human rights expert and politician, was nominated by the government of Slovenia in February as a candidate for UN secretary-general. He visited China from Monday to Wednesday.

First UN ambassador

He was the first Slovenian ambassador to the UN, from 1992 to 2000, and the UN assistant secretary-general for political affairs from 2000 to 2005.

He became a nonresident senior fellow of the Chongyang Institute for Financial studies at Renmin University of China in June last year.

China's proposed Belt and Road Initiative "is a very welcome initiative and a symbol of a new phase of globalization", he said, adding that it will open new horizons to cooperation - including the involvement of small and medium-sized enterprises in areas of manufacturing and technology, services and tourism.

Turk declined to comment on the arbitration case unilaterally brought by the Philippines against China over South China Sea disputes. China maintains that the arbitral tribunal of the Permanent Court of Arbitration in The Hague has no jurisdiction in the issue.

Prior to Turk's visit, Miroslav Lajcak, Slovakian minister of foreign and European affairs, who is also a candidate for UN secretary-general, visited Beijing and talked with Foreign Minister Wang Yi on Monday.

An election is set this year for the ninth UN secretary-general, to succeed Ban Ki-moon, whose term will end on Dec 31. There are currently 11 candidates, seven of whom have visited China and met with Wang.

Jin Yong, a professor of international relations at Communication University of China, said it is vital for the candidates to seek the support of China, one of the five permanent members of the UN Security Council.

anbaijie@chinadaily.com.cn

 

Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
Most Popular
Hot Topics

...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 香蕉97碰碰视频免费 | 国产女主播一区二区在线观看 | 国产90后美女露脸在线观看 | 一道精品视频一区二区三区图片 | 亚洲精品你懂的 | 国产一级淫片a视频免费观看 | 国产精品v在线播放观看 | 国产玖玖玖精品视频 | 国产精品东北一极毛片 | 亚洲国产婷婷香蕉久久久久久 | 欧美精品在线免费观看 | 麻豆影视大全 | 欧美日韩黄色 | 精品日韩欧美一区二区三区在线播放 | 中国一级特黄特爽刺激大片 | 俄罗斯女人与公拘i交酡 | 国产精品人成 | 欧美曰韩一区二区三区 | 国产精品一区在线麻豆 | 久久综合图区亚洲综合图区 | 五月天丁香花婷婷视频网 | 久久综合草 | 免费的日本一级淫篇小说 | 国内真实下药迷j在线观看 国内主播大秀福利视频在线看 | 日韩欧美一区二区在线观看 | 啪啪伊人网 | 成人久久精品 | 91天天射| 国产精品欧美激情在线播放 | 美女xx网站 | 亚洲精品国产网红在线一区 | 男人色网站| 在线免费观看黄色小视频 | 黄频免费影院 | 亚洲欧洲网站 | 欧美一级片网址 | 强开小嫩苞一区二区三区l 婷婷丁香色综合狠狠色 | 久久9966精品国产免费 | 丁香久久婷婷 | 99精品国产自产在线观看 | 欧美亚洲国产精品久久高清 |