三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
World / Europe

Blair says to 'take full responsibility' for any mistakes over Iraq war

(Xinhua) Updated: 2016-07-06 21:56

Blair says to 'take full responsibility' for any mistakes over Iraq war

Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair leaves his office in London, Britain July 5, 2016.[Photo/Agencies]

LONDON?-- Former British prime minister Tony Blair said he will "take full responsibility for any mistakes without exception or excuse" over the Iraq war, after the publication of a long-awaited inquiry into the war on Wednesday.

Speaking before the publication of the report, the chairman of the inquiry John Chilcot said Britain went to war before all peaceful options had been exhausted.

He also said that the legal basis for British military action in Iraq was "far from satisfactory," stressing that British policy on Iraq was made on the basis of "flawed intelligence and assessments."

In the report, finally published seven years after the inquiry began and 13 years after British and U.S. troops invaded Iraq, Chilcot concluded that Britain's military role in Iraq went "badly wrong" and "ended a long way from success."

He noted that Blair was warned that military action in Iraq would increase the threat of al Qaeda to Britain, but war risks were not "properly identified."

In March 2003, there was "no imminent threat" from Saddam Hussein, according to Chilcot.

In response to the publication of the report, Blair said "the report does make real and material criticisms of preparation, planning, process and of the relationship with the United States."
"These are serious criticisms and they require serious answers," he said in a statement.

He also announced that he will respond in detail to the criticisms later on Wednesday.

"I will at the same time say why, nonetheless, I believe that it was better to remove Saddam Hussein and why I do not believe this is the cause of the terrorism we see today whether in the Middle East or elsewhere in the world," he added.

However, Blair defended his "good faith" in his decisions to go to war in Iraq.

"The report should lay to rest allegations of bad faith, lies or deceit. Whether people agree or disagree with my decision to take military action against Saddam Hussein, I took it in good faith and in what I believed to be the best interests of the country," he said.

Blair said that in the report there was no falsification or improper use of intelligence, no deception of Cabinet, and no secret commitment to war whether at Crawford Texas in April 2002 or elsewhere.

"The inquiry does not make a finding on the legal basis for military action but finds that the Attorney General had concluded there was such a lawful basis by March 13, 2003," he explained.

Blair paid tribute to British Armed Forces, saying: "I will express my profound regret at the loss of life and the grief it has caused the families, and I will set out the lessons I believe future leaders can learn from my experience."

Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
Most Popular
Hot Topics

...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 九九精品99久久久香蕉 | 国产特黄特色的大片观看免费视频 | 久久99精品久久久久久秒播放器 | 九九热精品视频在线观看 | qvod激情视频在线观看 | 黄色影视在线观看 | 久热国产视频 | 欧美草逼视频 | 毛片免费观看 | 亚洲毛片大全 | 91精品视频在线播放 | 制服丝袜视频在线 | 手机黄色小视频 | 亚洲毛片免费视频 | 在线国产网站 | 久久香蕉国产 | 99免费视频 | 日韩精品国产精品 | 欧美成人中文字幕 | 亚洲不卡| 在线欧美v日韩v国产精品v | 国产福利片在线 易阳 | aⅴ在线免费观看 | 国产又大又硬又粗又湿 | 九九综合九九综合 | 欧美三级不卡 | 国产成人精品日本亚洲麻豆 | 成人性色生活片免费网 | 国产成人精品永久免费视频 | 久久中文字幕久久久久 | 性生活视频网站 | 激情欧美成人狠狠色金八天国 | 亚洲精品高清在线一区二区三区 | 99国产国人青青视频在线观看 | 一级视频网站 | 国产精品国产三级国产 | 日本视频二区 | 久久99精品这里精品3 | 91香蕉视频在线观看 | 中文字幕在线观看不卡 | 成年男女的免费视频网站 |