三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
World / US and Canada

Fifty killed in Florida shooting, worst in US history

(Agencies) Updated: 2016-06-13 06:31

Fifty killed in Florida shooting, worst in US history

Friends and family members embrace outside the Orlando Police Headquarters during the investigation of a shooting at the Pulse nightclub, where people were killed by a gunman, in Orlando, Florida,June 12, 2016. [Photo/Agencies]

ORLANDO, Fla. - A man armed with an assault rifle killed 50 people at a packed gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida, on Sunday in the worst mass shooting in US history, which President Barack Obama described as an act of terror and hate.

Police killed the shooter, who was identified as Omar Mateen, 29, a Florida resident and US citizen who was the son of immigrants from Afghanistan.

Law enforcement officials were probing evidence that suggested the attack may have been inspired by Islamic State militants, although they cautioned there was no proof that Mateen had worked directly with the group.

"It has been reported that Mateen made calls to 911 this morning in which he stated his allegiance to the leader of the Islamic State," said Ronald Hopper, the FBI's assistant special agent in charge on the case.

Shots rang out at the crowded nightclub, in the heart of one the United States' most popular tourist destination cities, as some 350 people had packed in during celebrations of gay pride week. Clubgoers described scenes of terror, with one man who escaped saying he hid under a car and bandaged a wounded stranger.

"Words cannot and will not describe the feeling of that," clubgoer Joshua McGill said in a posting on Facebook. "Being covered in blood. Trying to save a guy's life."

Fifty-three people were wounded in the rampage. It was the deadliest single US mass shooting incident, eclipsing the 2007 massacre of 32 people at Virginia Tech university.

"We know enough to say this was an act of terror, an act of hate," Obama said in a speech from the White House. "As Americans, we are united in grief, in outrage and in resolve to defend our people."

US officials cautioned, however, that they had no conclusive evidence of any direct connection with Islamic State or any other foreign extremist group.

"So far as we know at this time, his first direct contact was a pledge of bayat (loyalty) he made during the massacre," said a US counterterrorism official. "This guy appears to have been pretty screwed up without any help from anybody."

The attack came six months after a married couple in California fatally shot 14 people in San Bernardino in an attack inspired by Islamic State.

Previous Page 1 2 Next Page

Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
Most Popular
Hot Topics

...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 青青草久热精品视频在线观看 | 国产特级黄色片 | 国产日韩欧美视频在线观看 | 在线观看www妖精免费福利视频 | 丝袜超薄交口足456免费视频 | 免费看麻豆视频 | 国产精品视频观看 | 午夜免费福利在线 | 欧美成人一级毛片 | 国产精品成人va在线观看入口 | 国产女精品视频在ktv | 一级特级欧美aaaaa毛片 | 国产精品麻豆99久久 | 国产在线拍偷自揄观看视频网站 | 在线观看免费黄色片 | 国产区香蕉精品系列在线观看不卡 | 日本一级毛片大片免费 | 国产成+人+综合+欧美 亚洲 | 伊人久久国产 | 黄色一级一级片 | 亚洲国产欧美一区二区欧美 | 免费高清国产 | www麻豆视频 | 成人黄色三级 | 亚洲欧美另类自拍第一页 | 亚洲精品14p | 国产美女亚洲精品久久久毛片 | 毛片在线免费播放 | 亚洲网站在线免费观看 | 亚洲欧美日韩精品久久亚洲区色播 | 1024在线观看免费播放 | jk足控福利国产在线播放 | 亚洲热图 | 国产成人一区二区三区视频免费蜜 | 99re这里有免费视频精品 | 大陆黄色a级片 | 色网站综合 | 免费一级欧美片片线观看 | yjizz视频国产网站在线播放 | 久青草国产手机在线观 | 人与牲动交xxxxbbbb |