三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
World / Asia-Pacific

3 dead while entire towns underwater after vicious storm lashes Australia

(Xinhua) Updated: 2016-06-07 10:46
3 dead while entire towns underwater after vicious storm lashes Australia

High tide begins to impact on beachfront homes already damaged by a weekend storm along the Pacific Ocean at Collaroy on the northern beaches of Sydney. [Photo/Agencies]

CANBERRA -- Entire towns are underwater, while at least three people are dead and many more are missing in Australia, after a vicious storm continued to batter the nation's east coast overnight.

Grave fears are held for an 81-year-old Tasmanian man, while at least three others are missing, after the worst of the weather swept across the state overnight, a day after the same storm caused wide-spread flooding and damaging king tides throughout New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) on Monday.

Three Australians are already confirmed dead, after a 37-year-old man was found in the Cotter River near Canberra, while two others -- a 70-year-old man and a 65-year-old man were found in New South Wales.

The devastation has caused more than 30 million US dollars'worth of damage so far, and has even prompted both Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull and Opposition Leader Bill Shorten to suspend their election campaigns to fly to affected areas and offer support. Several towns in Tasmania remain underwater on Tuesday, while houses on the beachfronts in New South Wales face the prospect of falling into the seas, as emergency workers rush to ensure the safety of the public in affected areas.

But residents of Collaroy in New South Wales are bracing for further bad news, with the announcement that another high tide is set to smash the beachfront which has already sustained critical damage.

University of NSW coastal researcher Mitchell Harley said many homes were in "grave" danger and were falling apart under the pressure of the tide, while many had already begun falling into the sea.

Many residents have been ordered to evacuate their homes and insurance companies have been quick to declare the weather event as a "catastrophe", but have also announced that some homeowners, particularly those near the sea, might not be fully covered, meaning multi-million dollars damage bills could be left for residents to deal with.

Collaroy Beach homeowner Tony Cargorski said it was "emotional" to see his house ripped apart, while his backyard had been completely swallowed by the ocean.

"It's very emotional now to see the house like that," he said, "We got 10 to 15 meters of ground lost in the ocean. How is that going to be recovered?"

But NSW Emergency Services Minister David Elliot said it was up to home buyers to be aware of the risks of owning homes near beaches, and that they should take care when negotiating insurance policies.

"I don't know what the government can do to encourage people not to buy coastal homes," Elliot said.

"When you take out an insurance policy, make sure you know what your insurance policy covers. It's not the role of the government."

Previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 Next Page

Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
Most Popular
Hot Topics

...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 小明看国产 | 免费在线国产视频 | 1024在线视频精品免费 | 国产亚洲美女精品久久久2020 | 成人毛片100部免费看 | 午夜视频污 | 亚洲毛片在线观看 | 欧美国产日韩在线播放 | 美女白丝超短裙被输出动态图 | 达达兔午夜一级毛片 | 无码专区aaaaaa免费视频 | 久久午夜青青草原影院 | 国产精彩视频在线观看 | 一级黄色片在线观看 | 色婷婷婷丁香亚洲综合不卡 | 国产成人深夜福利在线观看 | 国产成本人三级在线观看网站 | 欧美日韩在线一区二区三区 | 国产成人精品亚洲777图片 | 日本老年人精品久久中文字幕 | 1024在线视频精品免费播放 | 国产精品福利在线播放 | 欧美一级刺激毛片 | 正在播放一区二区 | 视频在线观看黄 | 一极黄色片 | 日韩毛片欧美一级国产毛片 | 午夜精品久久久久久99热 | 成人夜夜嗨 | 一本一道久久综合狠狠老 | 精品视频69v精品视频 | 日韩不卡手机视频在线观看 | 亚洲精品午夜级久久久久 | 在线观看亚洲欧美 | 视频在线观看大片 | 欧美freesex呦交中文 | 亚洲欧美成人综合在线 | 欧美三j片 | 欧美精品久久久久久久影视 | 国产精品1024永久免费视频 | 毛片免费网站 |