三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Africa

Senior UN officials call for return of over 270 abducted Nigerian girls

Xinhua | Updated: 2016-04-15 11:18

UNITED NATIONS - The UN humanitarian coordinator for Nigeria, Fatma Samoura, and the executive director of the UN Population Fund (UNFPA), Babatunde Osotimehin, on Thursday issued statements to call for the return of more than 270 Nigerian girls who were abducted two years ago.

The statements came one day before the second anniversary of the abduction of these girls from the northeastern Nigerian town of Chibok.

"In northeastern Nigeria, UNFPA has been providing medical and psycho-social support to more than 27,000 gender-based violence survivors and their family members to deal with the trauma of captivity," the deputy UN spokesman, Farhan Haq, said at a daily news briefing here.

The UN Children's Fund (UNICEF) is also working with communities and families in Nigeria, Chad, Cameroon and Niger to fight stigma against survivors of sexual violence and to build a protective environment for former abductees, he said.

"Together with partners, UNICEF provides safe water and life-saving health services; helps to restore access to education by creating temporary learning spaces; and delivers therapeutic treatment to malnourished children," Haq said. "UNICEF also provides psychosocial support to children to help them cope with emotional distress."

The plight of 219 Chibok schoolgirls abducted two years ago is all too common in Nigeria's conflict-affected northeastern communities, and up to 7,000 women and girls might be living in abduction and sex slavery, senior UN officials warned Thursday.

"Humanitarian agencies are concerned that two years have passed, and still the fate of the Chibok girls and the many, many other abductees is unknown," said Samoura.

At the hands of their captors, they have suffered forced recruitment, forced marriage, sexual slavery and rape, and have been used to carry bombs. "Between 2,000 and 7,000 women and girls are living in abduction and sex slavery," said Jean Gough, the country representative of UNICEF.

Women and girls who have escaped Boko Haram have reported undergoing a systematic training program to train them as bombers, according to UNICEF. And 85 percent of the suicide attacks by women globally in 2014 were executed in Nigeria.

In May 2015, it was reported that children had been used to perpetrate three-quarters of all suicide attacks in Nigeria since 2014. Many of the bombers had been brainwashed or coerced.

As the Nigerian military recaptures territory from Boko Haram, abducted women and girls are being recovered. Many of the girls who experienced horrific trauma of sexual violence during captivity are now facing rejection by their families and communities, because of their association with Boko Haram.

"You are a Boko Haram wife, don't come near us!" one girl reported being told. Effective rehabilitation for these women and girls is vital when they rebuild their lives.

Children have suffered disproportionately as a result of the conflict. The Chibok abduction was not an isolated incident.

A total of 300 children, who were abducted from a school in Damasak, Borno, in November 2014, remain missing.

A UNICEF report, released earlier this week, said that 1.3 million children have been displaced by the conflict across the Lake Chad Basin, almost a million of whom are in Nigeria. Similarly, Human Rights Watch have reported that 1 million children have lost access to education.

"The abducted Chibok girls have become a symbol for every girl that has gone missing at the hands of Boko Haram, and every girl who insists on practicing her right to education," said Munir Safieldin, deputy UN humanitarian coordinator for Nigeria.

More needs to be done by the Nigerian government and the international community to keep them safe from the horrors other women and girls have endured. Safe schools are a good start, but safe roads and safe homes are also needed.

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 免费观看www视频 | 欧美激情一区二区三区蜜桃视频 | 99九九99九九九视频精品 | 亚洲国产日韩综合久久精品 | 久久综合九色综合97手机观看 | 久草在线中文 | 影音先锋5566手机在线播放 | 欧美啪视频 | 黑人的逼| 亚洲国产精品久久精品成人 | 国产 欧美 日韩在线 | 麻豆视传媒短视频网站 - | 日本欧美一区二区三区免费不卡 | 国产成人精品高清在线 | 欧美vs日韩vs国产在线观看 | 日韩欧美一区二区精品久久 | www.日韩在线 | 免费视频精品一区二区三区 | 狠狠色婷婷综合天天久久丁香 | 亚洲色图清纯唯美 | h版成版在线播放 | 国内精品免费视频自在线 | 久久精品视频在线观看榴莲视频 | 一级特黄a 大片免费 | 啪视频| 婷婷丁香综合网 | 欧美一级片毛片免费观看视频 | 国产香蕉免费精品视频 | 手机日韩看片 | 亚洲精品国产福利片 | 成人欧美视频在线观看播放 | 96色视频| 色影影院 | 视频一本大道香蕉久在线播放 | 日韩精品免费一区二区三区 | 成人性色生活片免费看爆迷你 | 精品欧美一区二区在线观看 | 国产精品午夜久久 | 91福利社在线观看 | 欧美人妖猛交 | 日韩在线观看中文字幕 |