三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
World / Europe

EU to propose emergency humanitarian aid to Greece

(Agencies) Updated: 2016-03-02 09:16

BRUSSELS - The European Union is proposing increased humanitarian aid for Greece, where more than 20,000 refugees and migrants are stuck after borders were tightened along the Balkans preventing them from trekking north to wealthier parts of Europe.

EU to propose emergency humanitarian aid to Greece

A boy carries a baby as refugees and migrants arrive aboard the Diagoras passenger ship at the port of Piraeus, near Athens, Greece, March 1, 2016.??[Photo/Agencies]

The EU executive's aid and crisis management commissioner will put forward a plan on Wednesday that officials said would allocate 300 million euros ($325 million) this year to helping any EU state, not only Greece, deal with humanitarian crises, and a total of 700 million over the three years to end-2018.

Commissioner Christos Stylianides, who oversees annual foreign aid spending of 1.1 billion euros, will propose funding the new scheme through transfers within the EU's existing multi-year budget, officials said, without touching funds earmarked for humanitarian relief outside the 28-nation bloc.

Beyond 2018, the scheme would continue with further funding.

A European Commission spokesman told reporters the new plan was needed "to prevent humanitarian suffering as a result of an unprecedented number of people arriving in the EU".

Margaritis Schinas said the Commission was very concerned at violence on the Greek-Macedonian border. He spoke as the bloc is gearing up for a summit on Monday with Turkey, the point of departure for the vast majority of people heading to Europe.

More than a million refugees and migrants arrived in Europe last year -- mostly via Turkey to Greece -- and another 130,000 have reached the continent so far in 2016.

Overwhelmed, Greece and other countries along the main migration route have tended to wave the people through and the influx has brought Europe's Schengen zone of free travel to the verge of collapse.

European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker talked to Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras on Monday and European Council President Donald Tusk will visit Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Macedonia, Greece and Turkey this week.

Brussels and Berlin, which are battling to make a joint European plan to alleviate the migration crisis work, are banking on Turkey to sharply reduce the number of people embarking for Europe, many of whom have fled the war in Syria.

But a growing number of EU states are resorting to unilaterally tightening their own borders, seeking to control the flow of people and prevent a spike in the arrivals many expect later in March as the weather improves.

Austria, the last stop for refugees and migrants heading to their top destination Germany, infuriated Athens, Berlin and Brussels last month by announcing daily caps on the number of people it processes.

Chancellor Werner Faymann defended the step, saying Austria cannot become a waiting room for Germany.

Tusk, in Vienna on the first leg of his pre-summit tour along the Balkans migration route, said after talks with Faymann: "We must face together the consequences of our decisions. The country that we must support in particular is Greece." ($1 = 0.9211 euros)

Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
Most Popular
Hot Topics

...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久久久精彩视频 | 久久国产精品最新一区 | 亚洲+国产+图片 | 欧美5g影院天天5g天天看 | 不卡一区二区在线 | 亚洲精品一区二区三区福利 | 亚洲欧美激情综合首页 | 国产视频 每日更新 | 日本特级黄色 | 中文字幕欧美日韩久久 | 综合 欧美 亚洲日本 | 亚洲午夜精品久久久久久成年 | 久久精品国产亚洲精品 | 久久色视频 | 亚州视频在线 | 国产女主播在线 | 欧美成人观看免费版 | 91视频日本 | 亚洲 成人 欧美 自拍 | 最新欧美一级视频 | a级毛片免费在线观看 | 一区二区高清在线观看 | 中文字幕在线播放量 | 激情啪啪网| 久久久91 | 欧美精品亚洲二区 | 日韩福利在线视频 | 免费黄色成人 | 永久免费看的啪啪网站 | 国产精品一区二区国产 | 亚洲欧美大片 | 在线观看日本一区 | 欧美视频一级 | 青青久久久国产线免观 | 久久精彩 | 香港午夜理理伦_级毛片 | 麻豆免费永久网址入口网址 | 一级黄色大片免费 | 一级毛片一级毛片免费毛片 | 久草新在线 | 国产专区一线二线三线 |