三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
World / US and Canada

Los Angeles schools bomb threat believed to be hoax

(Xinhua) Updated: 2015-12-16 09:28

Los Angeles schools bomb threat believed to be hoax

A no-school sign is pictured at Florence Nightingale Middle School in the Cypress Park neighborhood of Los Angeles, California December 15, 2015.?[Photo/Agencies] 

WASHINGTON -- The bomb threat that shut down the Los Angeles school system was believed to be a hoax, a top Democrat on the House Select Committee on Intelligence said on Tuesday.

"The preliminary assessments is that it was a hoax or something designed to disrupt school districts in large cities," said Adam Schiff, the ranking Democrat on the House select committee in a statement after a briefing.

All schools in Los Angeles Unified School District, the nation's second-largest school district, had been shut down since Tuesday morning after a school board member received an "electronic threat" that mentioned the safety of schools in Los Angeles.

More than 900 public schools and 187 charter schools were closed as a result of what local authorities called "credible threat." It was estimated that a total of 640,000 students across Los Angeles were affected by the shutdown.

Also on Tuesday, authorities in New York City said they received similar threat but soon concluded that the threat was a hoax.

"There was nothing credible about the threat. It was so outlandish," New York Mayor Bill de Blasio told reporters.

The twin bomb threats against schools in Los Angeles and New York came less than two weeks after two shooters shot down 14 people and injured 21 at a southern California social services center.

U.S. President Barack Obama in a rare Oval Office address called the southern California shooting spree a new phase of terrorism.

"As we've become better at preventing complex multi-faceted attacks like 911, terrorists turn to less complicated acts of violence like the mass shootings that are all too common in our society," Obama said on Oct. 6.

Although the shooters' motive still remained unclear to the authorities, concerns were raised across the country over terrorist attacks inspired by the extremist group the Islamic State.

 

Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
Most Popular
Hot Topics

...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲精品中文字幕一区 | 国内自拍videos hd | 欧美一级性 | 亚洲综合美腿丝国产一区 | 国产欧美精品亚洲桃花岛 | 国产成人精视频在线观看免费 | 91精品国产91久久久久久 | 一级黄色片视频 | 一级黄色片黄色片 | 看成年全黄大色黄大片 | 免费观看欧美性一级 | 一级做性色a爱片久久片 | 国产免费人做爰午夜视频 | 99视频精品免费99在线 | 婷婷综合国产激情在线 | 国内精品1区1区3区4区 | 亚洲欧美一区二区三区综合 | 免费视频国产 | 色综合久久一区二区三区 | 久久久成人啪啪免费网站 | 国产在线观看黄 | 中文国产成人精品久久96 | 午夜窝窝| 国自产精品手机在线视频香蕉 | 蜜柚mv在线观看 | 青草资源视频在线高清观看 | 久久国产免费一区二区三区 | 亚洲在线视频免费 | 午夜激情免费视频 | 麻豆果冻传媒一卡二卡 | 清纯唯美亚洲综合 | 黑人操亚洲 | 夜夜女人国产香蕉久久精品 | 一道精品一区二区三区 | 亚洲一级片免费看 | 欧美一区二区视频三区 | 国产精品馆 | 国产精品久久久久9999赢消 | 国产婷婷一区二区在线观看 | 亚洲影院一区 | 黄色免费在线视频 |