三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

Earthquake inspires a moving dance show

Updated: 2014-11-22 08:26

By Chen Nan (China Daily)

Comments Print Mail Large Medium Small

Earthquake inspires a moving dance show

A scene from Fault Lines, a cooperative dance work of Leshan Song and Dance Troupe and New Zealand dancerchoreographer Sara Brodie. Provided to China Daily?


Zhang Hao was rehearsing with other members of the Leshan Song and Dance Troupe in Sichuan province on the afternoon of May 12, 2008, when suddenly they felt a series of powerful shocks.

"The ground was moving strongly and everything was shaking," Zhang said. The group turned on the TV, and realized they were in the middle of China's worst earthquake in 23 years.

Communications were cut, and since most of their families lived in other parts of the province, Zhang and his fellow dancers could do nothing but wait anxiously.

Three days later, he managed to contact his family at Mianyang. His parents had survived, but his cousin Chen Jian, 28, had been buried alive under a concrete slab. Chen was rescued, but later died in a hospital from his injuries.

Grief-stricken Zhang and his colleagues created a dance in memory of Chen and thousands of other victims. Only two weeks after the earthquake struck, the dancers performed the 7-minute work, called Hands: Rebirth, in Mianyang.

In 2010, Brett Sheehy, artistic director of the Melbourne Festival, saw the show and approached the group.

"Sheehy asked us if we would be interested in working with an international choreographer to create a new work," said Lyv Yong, the troupe's director. "Sheehy recommended Christchurch-born Sara Brodie, whose hometown in New Zealand was devastated by a quake in 2010. We said yes."

Brodie worked for more than a decade in London as a dancer and actress before returning to New Zealand during the 1990s.

She first visited the troupe in 2011, talked with the dancers about their experiences and saw Hands: Rebirth. Her interviews with the dancers and other people in both Christchurch and Sichuan gave birth to a 75-minute dance work titled Fault Lines, which premiered at Melbourne Festival in October 2012.

"We can all relate to losing our balance over the course of relentless aftershocks, the physical shock, disorientation and the panic of not being able to find one's relatives," said Brodie. "All of this is on the stage.

"Everyone felt that the positive effect of such great loss was that it had brought people closer. Neighbors now cared for each other, strangers helped strangers, and from such devastation came more concern for others and connection."

Brodie invited New Zealand composer and percussionist Gareth Farr and Ping Gao, a Chengdu musician who had spent several years in Christchurch, to put together the music for the show.

In September 2013, Fault Lines was staged in Christchurch. Brodie said the rapport between the stage and audience was incredibly strong.

Brodie has since worked with the Kunqu opera star Dong Fei on the show Gao Shan Lui Shui, which premiered in Wellington on Nov 6.

"I hope my collaboration with Chinese dancers and performers will continue and be lifelong," said Brodie. "It has certainly been an incredibly rich journey thus far."

chennan@chinadaily.com.cn

8.03K
...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 午夜性视频播放免费视频 | 精品国产999 | 久久一区二区三区99 | 国产黄在线观看免费观看软件视频 | 日韩欧美中文字幕在线播放 | 另类av | 欧美精品一区二区三区免费播放 | 精品三级内地国产在线观看 | 中国一级毛片欧美一级毛片 | 欧美日本黄色片 | 看黄免费在线 | 午夜国产精品影院在线观看 | 日本精品久久久久中文字幕2 | 成本人h片3d动漫网站在线看 | 中国免费毛片 | 久草在线免费福利资源站 | 国语高清精品一区二区三区 | 久久午夜网 | 亚洲天堂一级片 | 亚洲欧美一区二区三区在线播放 | 欧洲做视频在线观看 | 亚洲一级色 | 久久精品国产99国产精品澳门 | 伊人久久影院 | 亚洲第一伊人 | 久久久精品2018免费观看 | 福利在线不卡 | 精品黄色录像 | 欧美一级淫片a免费播放口aaa | 国产国产成人精品久久 | 欧美一区永久视频免费观看 | 日本欧美一区二区三区免费不卡 | 91精品免费不卡在线观看 | 成人精品在线视频 | 国产精品高清全国免费观看 | 亚洲第一黄色网 | 久久精品a | 四虎永久免费鲁大师 | 亚洲天堂第一页 | 免费日韩在线 | 免费在线观看黄色的网站 |