三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
World / Search

Journalists descend on dusty Australian suburb

By Karl Wilson in Perth (chinadaily.com.cn) Updated: 2014-03-24 20:25

Journalists descend on dusty Australian suburb
Karl Wilson
Not a lot happens in Bullsbrook. But since late last week this hot, dusty suburb on the northern outskirts of Perth, home to the Royal Australian Air Force's Base Pearce, has been transformed into an international media centre as journalists await news from aircraft searching a vast, desolate sector of the southern Indian Ocean for possible remains of Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370.

It is from Pearce that long range maritime reconnaissance aircraft from Australia, New Zealand, the United States, Japan and China have been combing a 68,000 square kilometer area after satellites picked up "objects" in the sea.

The fate of the Boeing 777 - which disappeared on a flight on March 8 from the Malaysian capital Kuala Lumpur to Beijing – has become, in the words of Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott, "one of the greatest mysteries of our time."

And the problem facing journalists covering this story is the lack of information.

News that one of the Chinese Ilyushin aircraft which joined the search this morning had spotted some "suspicious objects" in the southern Indian Ocean came in the form of an email from the Australian Maritime and safety Authority (AMSA) in Canberra, which is coordinating the search.

Later in the day an Australian P3-Orion confirmed it had sighted possible debris. As the matt grey aircraft landed at Pearce in the afternoon, media were escorted to the tarmac area hoping to get a few words with the captain of the aircraft - only to be told he had to go to a briefing.

Gary Booth, media liaison at Pearce, said it is difficult to keep track of what is happening as "the search is being coordinated from Canberra," on the other side of the country.

He said reporters tend to monitor what is coming out of Canberra and then seek whatever comment the crew members make when they return from their search.

Since the satellite images first surfaced last week and Pearce was named as the base for the search aircraft, journalists have congregated outside the gates.

As the numbers grew, they were moved into an area inside the base, says Steven Massey, whose sister lives nearby.

"Evidently it had become an issue of safety with cars parked all over the place outside the main gates."

And, as aircraft confirm more sightings of possible debris, an increasing number of journalists are arriving - especially from China.

Late this afternoon, as journalists waited at Pearce for any sliver of information, the Chinese consul in Perth briefed a group of Chinese journalists about what the crew of the Ilyushin had seen.

Journalists from other countries were not allowed to attend the briefing. One journalist working for the ABC said: "We were told there was not enough room inside the consulate for everyone, so the briefing was restricted to Chinese media only.

"It only lasted a few minutes and basically was about what the Chinese crew of the Ilyushin had seen."

For journalists - especially those working in television - it is a scramble to get something new for broadcasts, especially in the morning as aircraft are leaving Pearce and in the late afternoon when the aircraft return.

"I tell journalists who are heading up this way to bring water … lots of water," says Booth.

"It gets damn hot."

Even in the late afternoon as the sun slips further west and into the Indian Ocean the runway tarmac shimmers from the heat and the journalists wait for the aircraft to return and news - any scrap of news - that will make the bulletin.

Even if the aircrews say nothing it is still a story … and then the news anchors switch over to Kuala Lumpur for the Malaysian press conference and an update.

Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
Most Popular
Hot Topics

...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 嘛豆传媒的短视频动漫 | xvideos亚洲网站入口 | 久色福利 | 久久美女 | 国产精品福利在线观看秒播 | 床上毛片 | 91精品国产露脸在线 | 欧美视频一级 | 亚洲成人午夜影院 | 莫菁在线 | 国产一级片免费 | 欧美成人免费全部观看天天性色 | 小泽玛利亚一区二区在线看 | 亚洲成在人网站天堂一区二区 | 国产精彩视频 | 亚洲精品中文字幕乱码一区二区 | 俄罗斯小屁孩cao大人免费 | 一级毛片短视频 | 高清国产一区二区 | 国产免费久久精品久久久 | 久久亚洲精品23p | 日韩1区2区3区 | 日韩毛片在线免费观看 | 国产精品免费看久久久 | 视频在线91 | 狠狠一区| 一级片在线免费看 | 美日韩在线 | 精品一区二区久久久久久久网精 | 亚洲午夜精品专区国产 | 欧美a大片欧美片 | 三级网站日本 | 91精品免费观看老司机 | 我要看黄色录像一级片 | 久久99精品久久久久久首页 | 伊人婷婷色香五月综合缴缴情 | 久久国产精品系列 | 成人精品视频网站 | 一区二区免费在线观看 | 色婷婷久久合月综 | 日本欧美韩国一区二区三区 |