三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
World / US and Canada

Gunman in Canada attack complained about mosque

(Agencies) Updated: 2014-10-25 04:31

Gunman in Canada attack complained about mosque

A man identified by Royal Canadian Mounted Police as Michael Zehaf-Bibeau is seen Oct 22, 2014 as he exits a car and runs toward the Parliament buildings in a still image taken from surveillance video released by the RCMP Oct 23, 2014. The gunman in Wednesday's attack on Canada's capital Ottawa acted alone and there was no apparent link to an attack in Quebec earlier in the week, security officials said on Thursday. Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, 32, was a Canadian citizen who may also have held Libyan citizenship, said Bob Paulson, commissioner of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. [Photo/Agencies]

VANCOUVER, British Columbia?- The gunman who shot and killed a soldier in plain daylight then stormed Canada's Parliament once complained that Vancouver mosque he attended was too liberal and inclusive, Muslim leaders said Friday.

Assam Rashid, spokesman for the British Columbia Muslim Association, said Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, 32, visited the Masjid Al-Salaam mosque for several months in 2011 before he was told not to come back.

Rashid said the association has been working on a preventive program that focuses on minimizing the effect of terrorist and criminal propaganda in Canada.

Zehaf-Bibeau shot a soldier to death at Canada's national war memorial Wednesday, and was eventually gunned down inside Parliament by the sergeant-at-arms.

Canada's Prime Minister Stephen Harper has called the shooting a terror attack, and the bloodshed raised fears that Canada is suffering reprisals for joining the US-led air campaign against Islamic State extremists in Iraq and Syria.

The attack in Ottawa came two days after a man described as an "ISIL-inspired terrorist" ran over two soldiers in a parking lot in Quebec, killing one and injuring the other before being shot to death by police. The man had been under surveillance by Canadian authorities, who feared he had jihadist ambitions and seized his passport when he tried to travel to Turkey.

Police have said Zehaf-Bibeau was not being watched, and the motivations behind his attack remains obscure. However, a top police official said Zehaf-Bibeau - whose father was from Libya - may have lashed out in frustration over delays in getting his passport.

"I think it was central to what was driving him," said Royal Canadian Mounted Police Commissioner Bob Paulson.

Unlike the Quebec case, Zehaf-Bibeau's passport had not been revoked or his application rejected, but authorities were still investigating whether to grant him one, Paulson said. The wait appeared to weigh heavily on Zehalf-Bibeau.

Abubakir Abdelkareem, who often visited the Ottawa Mission, a homeless shelter downtown where Zehaf-Bibeau stayed in recent weeks, said Zehaf-Bibeau told him he had had a drug problem but had been clean for three months and was trying to steer clear of temptation by going to Libya.

But in the three days before the rampage, "his personality changed completely," Abdelkareem said. He stopped being talkative and sociable and slept during the day, said Abdelkareem, who concluded Zehaf-Bibeau was back on drugs.

Lloyd Maxwell, a shelter resident, said that Zehaf-Bibeau had come to Ottawa specifically to try to get a passport, believing that would be more easily accomplished in the nation's capital.

"He didn't get it, and that made him very agitated," Maxwell said.

In an email to the AP expressing horror and sadness at what happened, Zehaf-Bibeau's mother, Susan Bibeau, said that her son seemed lost and "did not fit in," and that she hadn't seen him for more than five years until having lunch with him last week.

In a brief and tear-filled telephone interview with the AP, Bibeau said that she is crying for the victims of the shooting rampage, not her son.

"Can you ever explain something like this?" said Bibeau, who has homes in Montreal and Ottawa. "We are sorry."

Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
Most Popular
Hot Topics

...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲第5页 | 久久ri精品高清一区二区三区 | 久久影院一区二区三区 | 免费永久国产在线视频 | 亚洲精品第一第二区 | 国产免费a | 久久久久久88色愉愉 | jk足控福利国产在线播放 | 日本一级特黄毛片免费视频9 | 尤物视频在线观看网址 | 久草网免费 | 18欧美乱大交hd88av | 青草视频免费 | 精品午夜寂寞影院在线观看 | 一级黄色录像视频 | 国产在线播放拍拍拍 | 一区二区在线观看视频在线 | 日韩欧美卡一卡二卡新区 | 高清成人综合 | 欧美日一区二区三区 | 看一级黄色毛片 | 淫婷婷 | 伊人狼人综合 | 亚洲人成网站999久久久综合 | 欧美精品aaa久久久影院 | 中国一级黄色毛片 | 激情免费网站 | 国产永久地址 | 国产真实乱人视频在线看 | 麻豆视频在线观看 | 亚洲色图综合在线 | 中文字幕日韩在线观看 | 欧美精品videossex性护士 | 亚洲最黄视频 | 精品一区二区久久久久久久网精 | 免费在线观看日韩 | 成人毛片网 | 就去色综合| 人成免费网站 | 一级黄色大片视频 | 欧美在线精品一区二区在线观看 |