三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
World / Asia-Pacific

Divers find bodies inside sunken ferry

By Associated Press in Mokpo, South Korea (China Daily) Updated: 2014-04-21 07:27

Death toll from South Korean accident climbs to 58; about 250 still missing

The confirmed death toll from South Korea's ferry disaster rose past 50 on Sunday as divers finally found a way inside the sunken vessel, quickly discovering more than a dozen bodies in what almost certainly is just the beginning of a massive and grim recovery effort.

About 250 people are still missing from the ship, the vast majority of them high school students who had been on a holiday trip. Anguished families, waiting on a nearby island and fearful they might be left without even their loved ones' bodies, have vented their fury, blocking the prime minister's car during a visit and attempting a long protest march to the presidential Blue House.

The ferry Sewol sank on Wednesday off South Korea's southern coast, but it took days for divers to get in because of strong currents and bad visibility due to foul weather. Beginning late on Saturday, when divers broke a window, and continuing into Sunday, multiple teams of divers have found various routes into the ferry, discovering bodies in different spots, coast guard official Koh Myung-seok said at a briefing. Thirteen bodies have been found in the ship, while six other bodies were found floating outside on Sunday, bringing the official death toll to 58, the coast guard said.

Divers, who once pumped air into the ship in the slim hope that survivors were inside, have yet to find any survivors there.

A 21-year-old South Korean sailor surnamed Cho also died from injuries he sustained on Wednesday while working on a warship on its way to help rescue passengers in the ferry, said Commander Yim Myung-soo of the South Korean navy.

The penetration by divers into the ferry follows the arrest of the captain on Saturday on suspicion of negligence and abandoning people in need. Two crew members also were taken into custody, including a rookie third mate who a prosecutor said was steering in challenging waters unfamiliar to her when the accident occurred.

The Sewol sank during a trip from the port of Incheon to the southern holiday island of Jeju with 476 people on board, including 323 students from Danwon High School in Ansan. The 16- and 17-year-old students make up only 75 of the 174 survivors.

The cause of the sinking remains under investigation, but prosecutors say the ship made a sharp turn just before the ferry began to list. The captain, Lee Joon-seok, initially told passengers to stay in their rooms and took at least half an hour to issue an evacuation order. By that time, the ship was listing at too steep an angle for many people to escape the tight hallways and stairs inside.

Lee faces five charges, including negligence of duty and violation of maritime law, and the two arrested crew members each face three related charges.

Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
Most Popular
Hot Topics

...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产人成激情视频在线观看 | 精品成人一区二区三区免费视频 | 中文字幕在线视频播放 | 国产精品福利无圣光在线一区 | 台湾一级毛片免费播放 | 亚洲系列 | 欧美激情艳三级 | 香港激情三级做爰小说 | 国产精品综合一区二区 | 在线免费观看色视频 | 网站久久 | 日本一级毛片私人影院 | 欧美日韩国产亚洲综合不卡 | 久久精品国产精品亚洲 | 国产污视频在线观看 | 天堂久久久久va久久久久 | 一级看片免费视频 | 能看av的网址 | 精品久久国产视频 | 国产黄网在线 | 日韩中文字幕免费观看 | 国产va免费精品观看精品 | 国产无遮挡又黄又爽在线视频 | 国产美女精品三级在线观看 | 国产精品久久国产精品99 gif | 狠狠亚洲婷婷综合色香五 | 国产亚洲女在线线精品 | 国产成人精品日本亚洲专 | 女同视频一区二区在线观看 | 亚洲国产图片 | 日本九九精品一区二区 | 午夜视频在线观看视频 | 一级做a爰片久久毛片免费 一级做a爰片久久毛片免费看 | 成人夜色视频在线观看网站 | 不卡一区二区在线观看 | 一级的黄色片 | 午夜啪啪网 | 九九色综合 | 狠狠色丁香久久综合婷婷 | 国自产精品手机在线视频香蕉 | 国产成人精品午夜二三区 |