三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
World / Latin America

Preparation pays off in Chile quake aftermath

By ZHAO SHENGNAN (China Daily) Updated: 2014-04-03 02:48

Chile finds that innovation in building and communication systems helpful

When Tuesday's earthquake struck Chile — one of the world's most quake-prone countries — the nation's preparations helped to keep damage to a minimum, a senior embassy official said in Beijing.

"Considering the magnitude and risks of tsunami, the damage to property and casualties have been relatively small so far," said Ramiro Riobo, minister counselor at the Chilean embassy.

At least five people were killed when the magnitude-8.2 quake hit northern Chile's Pacific coast at 8:46 pm local time on Tuesday. Tsunami waves more than 2 meters high lashed the coast in the hours immediately after.

Riobo, Chile's highest level diplomatic envoy in China after the outgoing ambassador returned home, said Chileans were "mentally prepared" for such events, especially after a magnitude-8.8 quake and tsunami struck central Chile and caused the deaths of more than 500 people in 2010.

Large-scale emergency drills to deal with quakes have been held about twice a year and special access roads have been built to enable people to get to the higher ground, he said.

Emergency services were able to carry out relief efforts in an efficient manner as the public was orderly and calm.

It was also fortunate that the quake hit when many families were still up and workplaces and schools closed, he said.

Chile has embarked on special construction projects and has insisted on introducing innovations that allow buildings to better absorb shockwaves.

Chilean authorities also introduced a comprehensive message-alert system in 2011 that allows officials to send out mass alerts simultaneously to computers, pagers and cellphones, as well as radio and television.

Riobo called for greater international cooperation and sharing of information to help countries cope better.

Messages are meant to reach millions within seconds — even if all networks are busy.

Though the death toll has been relatively small, thousands of people have been forced to leave their homes and aftershocks are possible.

Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
Most Popular
Hot Topics

...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 伊人这里只有精品 | 9久热久re爱免费精品视频 | 日本不卡中文字幕一区二区 | 看黄在线 | 久久99国产精一区二区三区! | 成人做爰视频在线观看视频 | 成人福利小视频 | 91情侣在线偷精品国产 | 亚洲精品国产一区二区图片欧美 | 特级黄色生活片 | 日韩精品一区二区三区中文 | 521香蕉永久播放地址 | 国产免费做爰午夜视频 | 成年黄页网站视频全免费 | 亚洲性色成人 | 99黄色网 | 成年男女的免费视频网站 | 欧美二级黄色片 | 成年性午夜免费视频网站不卡 | 亚洲精品视频免费看 | 在线视频不卡国产在线视频不卡 | 91短视频版在线观看www免费 | 1024免费在线观看 | 精品欧美一区二区在线观看欧美熟 | 国产在线不卡午夜精品2021 | 浪潮ar二三区 | 国产菲菲视频在线观看 | 国产日韩欧美亚洲综合在线 | 国产精品日韩欧美久久综合 | 日本不卡中文字幕一区二区 | 国产97碰免费视频 | 国产一区二区三区四区偷看 | 亚洲欧美精品国产一区色综合 | 成人免费视频视频在线不卡 | 久久久久久久久女黄9999 | 在线观看视频日韩 | 亚洲国产美女精品久久 | 激情自拍网| 1024成线在人免费视频 | 久久国产精品亚洲 | 久久国产成人精品国产成人亚洲 |