三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
World / Asia-Pacific

DPRK, ROK exchange artillery fire

By Agencies in Seoul and Zhou Wa in Beijing (China Daily) Updated: 2014-04-01 09:17

DPRK, ROK exchange artillery fire

A TV program reports the DPRK plan to conduct a live-fire drill on Monday. Pyongyang and Seoul exchanged artillery fire off their disputed western sea border. Reuters-Yonhap

Jia Xiudong, a senior researcher of international affairs at the China Institute of International Studies, said, "Pyongyang knows tension will not help it to break isolation by the international community."

At the same time, the ROK does not want the situation to get out of control, because increased tension is contrary to the peaceful progress initiative of ROK President Park Geun-hye, Jia said.

The White House said the DPRK's actions are dangerous and provocative and will further aggravate tensions in the region.

White House spokesman Jonathan Lalley said the US remains steadfast in its commitment to the defense of its allies and is working in close coordination with the ROK and Japan.

ROK Defense Ministry spokesman Kim Min-seok said the DPRK's action "is a planned provocation and an attempt to test our military's determination to defend the Northern Limit Line and to get an upper hand in South-North relations".

The Northern Limit Line, a maritime border that wraps itself round part of the DPRK's coastline, has been the scene of frequent clashes.

In 2010, four people were killed when the DPRK shelled the ROK island of Yeonpyeong. Earlier that year, a ROK naval vessel was sunk close to the line by what some countries said was a DPRK torpedo, although Pyongyang denies involvement.

Daniel Pinkston of the International Crisis Group said, "It's up to the two militaries either to recognize or reject their own claimed line and challenge the other's. This goes back and forth, so this is probably another episode."

The Northern Limit Line was drawn up at the end of the 1950-53 Korean War and the DPRK does not recognize it. The two sides are still technically at war, as the conflict ended in a truce, not a treaty.

Financial markets in the ROK were unmoved by the latest developments. The KOSPI index moved higher after early losses to finish the day up by 0.2 percent as the won extended gains to end onshore trade up by 0.4 percent against the US dollar.

Contact the writer at zhouwa@chinadaily.com.cn


 

Previous Page 1 2 Next Page

Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
Most Popular
Hot Topics

...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 欧美成人免费高清网站 | 在线视频一二三区 | 性视频网站视频免费 | 久久99国产精品久久99无号码 | 九月丁香婷婷 | 中文字幕在线高清 | 9丨精品国产高清自在线看 9久9久女女免费精品视频在线观看 | 青青草视频在线观看免费 | 1024免费在线观看 | 精品欧美一区二区三区四区 | yy9299 | 精品国产一区二区三区久久影院 | 精品亚洲成a人在线播放 | 亚洲精品另类 | 国产区视频在线观看 | 性欧美视频a毛片在线播放 性欧美视频在线观看 | 精品久久久久久国产免费了 | 一级毛片大全 | 欧美色视频日本片免费高清 | 久久久久久久久免费视频 | 久久综合一区二区三区 | 青草视频在线观看免费网站 | 好骚综合在线 | 国产精品亚洲精品不卡 | 久久日本精品国产精品白 | 精品一区二区三区在线观看l | 日韩精品大片 | 精品哟哟国产在线观看 | 小草免费在线视频 | 欧美成人r级在线播放 | 久久er这里只有精品 | 日本不卡视频一区二区三区 | 中文字幕第一页面 | 成年女人免费又黄又爽视频 | a毛片免费全部在线播放毛 a毛片免费全部播放毛 | 国产成人三级视频在线观看播放 | 国内视频一区二区三区 | 国产传媒在线观看 | 国产一级做a爱免费视频 | 国模一区二区三区私啪啪 | 可以免费观看的一级毛片 |