三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
World / Asia-Pacific

Australia to hand back ancient statues to India

By Agencies in Sydney (China Daily) Updated: 2014-03-28 06:57

Delhi asks for works' return after gallery suspects art dealer of fraud

Australia is preparing to return two centuries-old statues of the Hindu god Shiva to India, officials said on Thursday, following allegations they were stolen from ancient sites and sold as part of an audacious art fraud.

In an e-mail to Reuters, the Indian Attorney General's Department said the Indian government asked the Australian government for the return of both statues, saying they were "exported from India in contravention of cultural property laws".

The National Gallery of Australia's bronze sculpture of a dancing Shiva, for which it paid around $5 million in 2008 from New York art and antiquities dealer Subhash Kapoor, was pulled from display in Canberra on Monday.

"The gallery is cooperating and working closely with relevant authorities on possible outcomes," it said on its website. "The process for returning foreign cultural objects is handled on a government-to-government basis."

The second statue, an Ardhanariswara idol made of granulite, which represents Shiva in half-female form, was bought by the Art Gallery of New South Wales for an undisclosed sum in 2004.

Both statues date back to India's Chola period and originated from the southern state of Tamil Nadu, the gallery websites show. The Chola period lasted roughly from the 9th century until the 13th century.

India requested the works' return on Friday and Australia, as a signatory to a UNESCO convention on the illicit import, export and transfer of ownership of cultural property, will implement its obligations under its Protection of Movable Cultural Heritage Act, it said.

"The Indian government's request is being actioned in accordance with that act," the statement said.

The request from India follows a decision by the National Gallery of Australia to sue Kapoor, his firm Art of the Past, and former manager Aaron Freedman in New York's Supreme Court over the purchase.

The NGA has claimed that Kapoor and his company "fraudulently induced" the Canberra-based gallery to buy the statue for $5 million through forged certifications about its provenance and history.

Kapoor, who is in prison in India where he also faces charges of running an antiquities looting enterprise worth more than $100 million, claimed the statue had been sold to him by the wife of a diplomat, the gallery said. He has pleaded not guilty to the charges against him.

In a statement published on its website this week, the NGA said it researched the work for a year before acquiring it and followed measures consistent with international best practice for museums.

AFP - Reuters

Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
Most Popular
Hot Topics

...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产a∨一区二区三区香蕉小说 | 国产妇女在线 | 亚洲欧美日韩中文综合在线不卡 | 亚洲黄网在线观看 | 污在线观看 | 国产精品v欧美精品v日韩 | 免费人成网 | 久久久久久久久久久9精品视频 | 高清在线亚洲精品国产二区 | 精品久久综合一区二区 | 日韩中文字幕久久久经典网 | 亚洲精品aⅴ中文字幕乱码 亚洲精品aaa | 99久久免费精品高清特色大片 | 国产做爰免费视频观看 | 国产精彩视频在线观看 | 女人被狂躁视频免费版 | 一级特黄aa大片一又好看 | 韩日在线视频 | 九九亚洲综合精品自拍 | 亚洲自偷| 国产操 | 2022国内精品免费福利视频 | 亚洲自拍色 | 亚洲婷婷综合中文字幕第一页 | 国产成人精品久久一区二区三区 | 国产精品福利午夜在线观看 | 97dyy在线观看手机版 | 女人被免费网站视频在线 | 亚洲视频精品在线观看 | 欧美久久超级碰碰碰二区三区 | 黄视频在线 | 尤物tv在线| 91视频最新网站 | 亚洲国产综合久久精品 | 一级黄色激情片 | 国产日产久久高清欧美一区 | 在线观看 一区二区 麻豆 | 久久久亚洲欧洲日产国码606 | 99久热re在线精品视频 | 亚洲高清国产品国语在线观看 | 欧美日韩在线高清 |