三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
World / Europe

Malfunction delays dock at space lab

By Agencies in Moscow (China Daily) Updated: 2014-03-27 08:52

Malfunction delays dock at space lab

Members of the International Space Station crew, Russians Alexander Skvortsov (bottom) and Oleg Artemyev (top) and US astronaut Steven Swanson (center) before the launch at the Baikonur cosmodrome on Wednesday. Vasily Maximov / Reuters

Crew of three must orbit 34 times before second attempt on Friday

A US-Russian space crew faced an unprecedented two-day delay in docking with the International Space Station on Wednesday after their Russian Soyuz spacecraft experienced a technical glitch during its approach.

The two Russian cosmonauts and one US astronaut aboard were scheduled to dock with the station early on Wednesday, just six hours after launch from Kazakhstan, but the problem delayed the maneuver until Friday.

The delay means that the trio will orbit the Earth 34 more times before their next rendezvous with the orbiting laboratory, instead of the fast-track route of four orbits that was originally envisaged.

Russians Alexander Skvortsov and Oleg Artemyev, along with Steve Swanson of NASA, had earlier taken off from Russia's Baikonur cosmodrome in Kazakhstan in a spectacular nighttime launch that went smoothly.

The issue appeared to arise after their Soyuz capsule entered orbit and a thruster failed to fire to assist in the docking approach.

NASA and the Russian space agency Roscosmos announced that the planned docking had been delayed after a 24-second engine burn necessary to adjust the spacecraft's orbiting path "did not occur as planned".

NASA said in a statement on its website that the Soyuz "was unable to complete its third thruster burn to fine-tune its approach".

The crew had been using a fast-track approach to the space station that Russia has employed since 2013. In response to the problem, they are now using the traditional longer approach that was employed up to 2012.

"Rendezvous experts are reviewing the plan, and may update it later as necessary," NASA said, adding that the three spacemen were "in good spirits".

NASA said Russian flight controllers were reviewing data to work out why the third thruster burn did not occur as planned.

"Initial information indicates the problem may have been that the spacecraft was not in the proper attitude, or orientation, for the burn," NASA said.

The head of Roscosmos, Oleg Ostapenko, said the problem appeared to have been triggered by a glitch in the orientation system.

"The crew have taken off their space suits and are continuing their flight normally," he said.

The head of the Russian rocket firm Energia, which supplied the rocket that propelled the craft into space, however, said that the origin of the problem was not yet clear.

"It could be mathematics; it could be a transmitter problem; or that the engine choked. But most likely it was a mathematical problem," Vitaly Lopota told the Interfax News Agency.

This would imply that ground scientists failed to work out the correct altitude in orbit for the thruster to fire to take the Soyuz to the space station.

Roscosmos said that the docking was now provisionally expected at 3:58 am Moscow time on Friday.

After the retirement of the US space shuttle, NASA became wholly reliant on Russia for delivering astronauts to the space station on its tried-and-trusted Soyuz launch and capsule system.

US-Russia space cooperation has continued undimmed despite the diplomatic standoff over Ukraine, and the joint work is seen as one of the success stories in post Cold War bilateral ties.

At the preflight news conference at Russia's Baikonur cosmodrome in Kazakhstan, senior astronauts Skvortsov and Swanson said they had decided to have dinners together on board the space station "as an opportunity to come together as friends in the kitchen and look each other in the eye".

Swanson also paid homage to Yuri Gagarin, the Soviet cosmonaut who became the first man in space in 1961 with his flight from Baikonur.

"Yuri is a symbol for the whole world. I am proud to be part of history here," Swanson said.

AFP - AP

Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
Most Popular
Hot Topics

...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 我看逼逼 | 国产日产欧美a级毛片 | 久久亚洲国产成人影院 | 日本不卡视频一区二区三区 | 久热精品在线视频 | 91国语精品自产拍在线观看性色 | 色男人的天堂久久综合 | 亚洲一区二区福利视频 | 一级特黄aaa大片在线观看视频 | 扒开双腿猛进入jk校视频 | 亚洲国产精品aa在线看 | 国产主播福利一区二区 | 黄色高清网站 | 在线成人免费看大片 | a一级特黄日本大片 s色 | 精品国产欧美一区二区三区成人 | 大陆一级毛片 | 亚洲爽视频 | 特级黄色视频毛片 | 草草网| 青青草91在线 | 老外黑人一级毛片 | 麻豆网址在线观看 | 国产日韩欧美视频 | se婷婷 | 99久久精品国产国产毛片 | 2017天天鲁夜夜夜夜夜夜夜 | 欧美r级在线观看 | 久久国内精品自在自线400部o | 高清亚洲 | 香蕉片视频在线观看 | 精品福利一区二区免费视频 | 免费摸碰碰视频在线观看 | 欧美黄色免费 | 国产精品欧美日韩 | 国产 色| 51国产午夜精品免费视频 | 免费a级毛片无码 | www视频在线观看 | 国产成人精品自拍 | 免费国产精品视频 |