三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Africa

UN chief wants more troops for Central African Republic

Agencies | Updated: 2014-02-21 11:03

UNITED NATIONS - UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on Thursday appealed to the international community to send an additional 3,000 troops and police to Central African Republic to combat worsening sectarian violence until a likely UN peacekeeping force is established.

He told the UN Security Council he would shortly report to the 15-member body with a recommendation for a UN peacekeeping force with a robust mandate to protect civilians and promote stability in the landlocked former French colony.

Ban, who has said he is gravely concerned the violence could spiral into genocide, warned that a "de facto partition" of the country was setting in. At least 2,000 people have been killed and some 700,000 have been displaced since December.

"The deployment of a peacekeeping operation, if authorized, will take months. The people of the Central African Republic do not have months to wait," he said. "The international community must act decisively now."

Ban proposed that an international force of African, French and European troops be increased by a third within weeks to 12,000 soldiers and police. The force would bridge a gap of up to six months until a UN peacekeeping force - if approved by the Security Council - could be established in the country.

"The security requirements far exceed the capabilities of the number of international troops now deployed," Ban said. "I call for the rapid reinforcement ... with additional deployments of at least 3,000 more troops and police."

The bridging force should focus on containing the violence, protecting civilians, preventing more displacements, creating a secure environment for aid delivery, and laying the groundwork for the handover to a UN force as soon as possible, he said.

UN aid chief Valerie Amos said on Thursday she had been shocked by what she had seen during a three-day visit to the poor nation at the heart of Africa. "There are not enough troops on the ground," Amos told a news conference in Bangui, after returning from a trip to the north of the country.

Previous 1 2 Next

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久精品国产亚洲香蕉 | 性生生活网站免费 | 欧美视频在线一区二区三区 | 亚洲国产精品v在线播放 | 国产精品视频牛仔裤一区 | 免费久| 久久综合精品国产一区二区三区无 | 亚洲成人美女 | 国产美女亚洲精品久久久久久 | 三级黄色的 | 在线成人精品国产区免费 | 亚洲欧美日韩国产精品26u | 欧美日韩国产高清 | 亚洲六月婷婷 | 久久精品嫩草影院免费看 | 国产一级二级三级在线观看 | 国产精品自在线 | 日韩黄色在线观看 | 成人中文字幕在线 | 日韩美一区二区 | 一级毛片在线全部免费播放 | aabb片免费看 | 国产大片免费天天看 | 青娱乐成人 | 亚洲一区二区三区中文字幕5566 | 久久亚洲美女久久久久 | 国产一二三区在线观看 | 欧美激情整片a级 | 欧美黄三级在线观看 | 午夜香蕉网 | 国内自拍亚洲 | 偷窥自拍15p | 日韩美女强理论片 | 日韩欧美一区二区在线观看 | 九月婷婷综合婷婷 | 亚洲狠狠网站色噜噜 | www.a级片| 国产哺乳期奶水avav | 全国男人的天堂网站 | 国产成人综合网在线观看 | 黄片毛片一级 |