三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

Make me your Homepage
left corner left corner
China Daily Website

Shootout with militants kills 7 before Sochi Olympics

Updated: 2014-01-16 10:16
( Xinhua)

MOSCOW - Three members of the Russian security forces and four gunmen were killed in a shootout on Wednesday during a sweep for Islamist militants who have threatened to attack the Winter Olympics that begin in Sochi next month.

After two suicide bombings in southern Russia last month, Moscow is on high security alert. Russian President Vladimir Putin has staked much personal and political prestige on the success of the Games, and put security forces on combat footing in Sochi.

Russia's National Anti-Terrorism Committee (NAC) said the dead militants included a man accused of carrying out a car bomb attack in the city of Pyatigorsk late last year which killed three people.

The shootout occurred on the same day that Russia's Duma, or lower house of parliament, introduced legislation aimed at broadening the powers of security services and boosting their oversight of the Internet, Russian news agencies said.

Voting has yet to be held on the bill, which the daily Vedomosti said was worked out during closed sessions held between parliamentarians and representatives of the Federal Security Service and the Interior Ministry.

The group of militants had been trapped in a house in the village of Karlanyurt in the Dagestan region of the North Caucasus, the NAC said in a statement. Five officers were also ?wounded in what a spokesman called a special operation.

Police defused two explosive devices at the house where the militants battled security forces. Television showed images of gray plumes of smoke rising later from a house in the impoverished North Caucasus region.

The Dagestan capital, Makhachkala, is about 620 km (385 miles) east of Sochi. The mostly Muslim region is plagued by bombings and shootings target state and police officials as part of the militants' fight to create an Islamist state there.

At least 34 people were killed last month in the suicide bombings in the southern city of Volgograd. Putin ordered safety measures to be beefed up nationwide after the attacks.

About 37,000 personnel are now in place to provide security in Sochi, located on the Black Sea and on the western edge of the Caucasus mountains. The International Olympic Committee has expressed confidence the Games will be safe.

But, underlining the danger of attacks, security forces said on Saturday they had arrested five members of a banned militant group in southern Russia and defused a homemade bomb packed with shrapnel.

The main spokesman for Russia's Investigative Committee, whose responsibilities include looking into bombings and other attacks, appealed to civilians on Tuesday to be more vigilant and help avert the threat of "terrorist" attacks.

The insurgency is driven by a mix of religious fundamentalism and anger among local residents over corruption and strong-arm efforts by appointed, pro-Moscow regional leaders to clamp down on militants.

8.03K
 
Hot Topics
The Party vowed on Wednesday to fight corruption firmly and to maintain its "high-handed posture" in the next five years.
...
...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 成人涩 | 精品久久国产老人久久综合 | 亚洲视频一区在线观看 | 国产成人精品一区二区三在线观看 | 亚洲国产成人精品久久 | 欧美区在线 | 国产成人精品一区二区免费 | 免费一级毛片不卡不收费 | 亚洲国产成人va在线观看 | 国产欧美一区二区三区免费 | 99精品视频在线观看免费播放 | 日本xxxx韩国护士 | 久久久久国产一级毛片高清版 | 久久婷婷六月 | 污网站大全 | 伊人9999| 国产一级精品高清一级毛片 | 善良的翁熄日本中文字幕1 上海麻豆文化传媒网站入口 | 欧美亚洲国产精品久久久久 | 成人a影片在线观看 | 黄色a网站 | 人人九九精 | 亚洲国产高清视频在线观看 | 日韩欧美一区二区在线 | 色综合久久加勒比高清88 | 国内性视频 | 国产精品自线在线播放 | 国产三级一区二区三区 | 国产精品免费视频播放 | 国产精品一区欧美日韩制服 | 国产日韩精品欧美一区色 | 欧美性黑吊xxx | 精品久久久久久 | 任我鲁这里有精品视频在线播 | 一级艳片 | 国产人成激情视频在线观看 | 欧美日韩在线一区二区三区 | 欧美人体一区二区三区 | 亚洲 欧洲 日产 专区 | 国产专区视频在线观看 | 成人欧美一区二区三区视频xxx |