三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

Make me your Homepage
left corner left corner
China Daily Website

US reiterates Europe missile plans despite Iran deal

Updated: 2013-12-17 13:35
( Xinhua)

WASHINGTON - US Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel told his Russian counterpart Sergey Shoygu on Monday the US and its allies would continue implementing missiles defense plans in Europe despite the temporary deal to resolve Iran's nuclear dispute.

During his first video teleconference with Shoygu, Hagel said the Iran deal reached by the P5+1 group last month in Geneva "does not eliminate the need for US and European allies to continue implementing missile defense plans in Europe," Assistant Pentagon Press Secretary Carl Woog said in a statement.

It was referring to the preliminary deal reached in Geneva in late November by Iran and the P5+1 group, the five UN Security Council permanent members Britain, China, France, Russia and the United States plus Germany, on resolving the dispute over Tehran's nuclear program.

Hagel and Shoygu discussed a number of issues including missile defense, Syria, cyber security and countering improvised explosive devices at the ?teleconference, which was agreed to by the two ministers on the margins of the August US- Russia 2+2 meeting.

Hagel stressed that the US and NATO missile defense efforts "pose no threat" to Russia, while urging the both sides to continue consultations on future missile plans in Europe, Woog said.

The two defense chiefs also talked about recent planning efforts to remove chemical weapons from Syria under the auspices of the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW). Hagel provided Shoygu with an update on US planning to neutralize the chemical weapons once removed from Syria.

"Secretary Hagel encouraged Russia to stay engaged with the process and continue providing critical assistance to ensure that chemical weapons are removed on schedule," Woog said.

They agreed to continue holding video teleconferences regularly and as needed if critical issues arise.

Today's talks between the two defense chiefs came as the US government voiced its strong concerns over Russia's missile deployment near its western region.

"We've shared with Russia the concerns the countries in the neighborhood have...regarding Russia's deployment of the Iskander missiles in Kaliningrad. We've urged Moscow to take no steps to destabilize the region," US State Department spokesperson Marie Harf said at a press briefing Monday.

Russia confirmed Monday that it has deployed its tactical Iskander-M missiles along the borders with NATO countries, but insisting that the deployment did not violate international treaties.

In 2011, then Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said Russia would station Iskander tactic missiles in Kaliningrad and southern Krasnodar region, should the US implement its phased approach to the anti-missile defense program, which Moscow repeatedly warns may damage its ties with Washington.

8.03K
 
Hot Topics
Sea-level rise since the Industrial Revolution has been fast by natural standards and may reach 80 cm above today's sea-level by the year 2100 and 2.5 m by 2200 even without development of unexpected processes, according to a new research made public on Friday.
...
...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久婷婷色综合老司机 | 国内真实下药迷j在线观看 国内主播大秀福利视频在线看 | 综合精品一区 | 亚洲欧美人成人让影院 | 精品自拍一区 | 高清毛片在线看高清 | 中文精品久久久久国产不卡 | 亚洲高清视频一区 | 亚洲成人偷拍自拍 | 日本黄色高清 | 国产乱码精品一区二区三区网页版 | 高清国产天干天干天干不卡顿 | 国产午夜精品一区二区三区嫩草 | 久久久国产精品免费看 | 国产大片线上免费看 | 久久九九精品视频 | 99久久久国产精品免费播放器 | 欧美亚洲在线视频 | 免费观看欧美一级特黄 | 亚洲专区一区 | 特级全黄大片 | 亚洲国产成人精品不卡青青草原 | 精品久久久久久国产免费了 | 国产精品高清一区二区 | 欧美一级欧美三级在线观看 | 精品三级在线 | 亚洲精品入口一区二区乱成人 | 亚洲欧美日韩精品 | 97超级碰碰碰久久久观看 | 久久视频免费 | seba51久久精品| 亚洲色无码播放 | 久草免费资源在线 | 麻豆视频成人 | 免费黄色影院 | 九一福利视频 | 国产成人精品综合 | 国产免费一区二区在线看 | 1024免费视频 | 色婷婷亚洲十月十月色天 | 国产成人www免费人成看片 |