三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Africa

27 killed, 32 injured in train collision in Egypt

Xinhua | Updated: 2013-11-18 21:04

CAIRO - At least 27 people were killed and 32 others injured when a freight train crashed into a mini-bus and a truck near the Egyptian capital of Cairo in the early hours of Monday, the head of the Ambulance Authority said.

"All the victims had been cleared from the scene," Ahmed el- Ansari told Xinhua, adding that the rescue teams remained at the scene for more search, but the death toll may increase as some cases are in serious conditions.

27 killed, 32 injured in train collision in Egypt

A man looks at the wreckage after a train collided with two road vehicles in the Giza district of Dahshour, 40 km (25 miles) south of Cairo, November 18, 2013. [Photo/Agencies]

Previous report quoted a security source as saying that at least 29 people were killed in the accident.

The train was en route to Giza governorate from the southern city of Beni Suef when it hit a mini-bus, carrying passengers home from a wedding near the town of Dahshur, some 40 km south of Cairo.

"Initial reports said the drivers of the vehicles ignored warning lights and chains blocking entry to the crossing, and tried to cross the tracks," Hussein Zakaria, the head of the Egyptian Railway Authority, told state-run Nile TV.

The train continued for almost 1 km before it stopped, he said.

Sixteen ambulances had rushed to the scene to transfer the victims to hospitals, he said, adding that the train driver and his assistants who survived the accident were detained.

However, state-run Ahram newspaper website quoted the crossing workers as saying "The warning and the red signals were broken," adding that they attempted to use the chains for closing the track, but they failed as the train was coming with high speed.

Meanwhile, the train driver and his assistants asserted the crossing was open, and that they sent dozens of warning sirens, but no one responded, Ahram added.

"There were no employees at the crossing, and all the lights on both sides were completely off," Nawal Hamdy, a 42-year-old housewife who lost four brothers in the accident, told Xinhua.

She said her husband is still missing, and two of her relatives are in serious conditions.

"There are 45 relatives of us in the mini-bus coming from the wedding party, and the accident happened when the truck coming from the opposite side crashed with the train at almost 1 a.m. local time (GMT 1100)."

Surprisingly, without any alert from the train or the workers in the crossing, the train hit the tuck, Magda Moris, 38, one of the victims in the same hospital told Xinhua, adding "We were coming from the wedding party in Helwan, heading to our home village in Faiyum."

She added the mini-bus was slow because I asked the driver to be careful as darkness and high speed annoy my children, reiterating "It's definitely the fault of the barrier's workers who knew upon the trains' schedule."

The interim Prime Minister, mourned the victims and called for urgent investigations into the reasons and holding those responsible accountable.

The Giza governor, Ali Abdel Rahman, decided to pay 5,000 Egyptian pounds (about 725.6 U.S. dollars) to compensate the families of each dead case, and 2,000 pounds (about 290 ?dollars) for the injured.

Monday's accident took place shortly after train services resumed completely across the country, after being halted over dispersing the two main camps of ousted president Mohamed Morsi's supporters in Cairo and Giza amid-August.

Railway accidents pose persistent challenge for the Egyptian recurrent governments for its poor maintenance. Last November, a train collided with a school bus in southern Egypt leaving at least 50 children killed. The transportation minister announced his resignation shortly after the tragedy.

The worst accident in Egypt's 150-year history of railway was caused by a fire in February 2002, leaving more than 300 people killed.

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产精品欧美一区喷水 | 国产毛片网站 | 国产三级福利 | 黑人草逼视频 | 国产一级高清视频 | 国产成人综合洲欧美在线 | 处初女处夜情视频在线观看 | 欧美金妇欧美乱妇视频 | 欧美v在线 | 91久久青草精品38国产 | 大陆一级黄色片 | 一级毛片一 | 欧美成人xxxxxxxx在线 | 青青青视频免费一区二区 | 日本高清xxx免费视频 | 精品国产福利在线 | 影视先锋影音在线中文字幕 | 亚洲欧美国产视频 | 亚洲一区二区三区四区视频 | 国产一级做a爱免费观看 | 国产福利在线视频尤物tv | 欧美成人观看视频在线 | 青青草国产免费一区二区 | 国产美女极品免费视频 | 精品视频一区二区三区四区五区 | 91香蕉视频破解版 | 性色毛片免费视频 | 国产欧美一区二区精品性色99 | 亚洲精品123区在线观看 | 国产一级影院 | 亚洲一区二区久久 | 亚洲精品成人久久 | 亚洲欧美日本欧美在线播放污 | 国产美女主播一级成人毛片 | 亚洲国产成人精品一区91 | 在线观看黄色影视 | 国产一区二区影院 | 国产精品久久久久一区二区三区 | 久久久社区 | 欧美精品三区 | 国内精品视频在线 |