三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

Make me your Homepage
left corner left corner
China Daily Website

Watchdog: Syria has filed chemical weapon details

Updated: 2013-10-27 22:39
( Agencies)

THE HAGUE — Syria has filed details of its poison gas and nerve agent program and an initial plan to destroy it to the world's chemical weapons watchdog, the organization announced Sunday.

The Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons said in a statement that Syria completed its declaration as part of a strict and ambitious timeline that aims to eliminate the lethal stockpile by mid-2014.

The group, based in The Hague, said Syria made the declaration Thursday. The announcement provides "the basis on which plans are devised for a systematic, total and verified destruction of declared chemical weapons and production facilities," the group said.

Such declarations made to the organization are confidential. No details of Syria's program were released.

Syria already had given preliminary details to the OPCW when it said it was joining the organization in September. The move warded off possible U.S. military strikes in the aftermath of an Aug. 21 chemical weapon attack on a Damascus suburb. Syria denies responsibility for the deadly attack.

OPCW inspectors were hastily dispatched to Syria this month and have visited most of the 23 sites Damascus declared. They have also begun overseeing destruction work to ensure that machines used to mix chemicals and fill munitions with poisons are no longer functioning.

Syria is believed to possess around 1,000 metric tons of chemical weapons, including mustard gas and sarin.

It has not yet been decided how or where destruction of Syria's chemical weapons will happen. Syria's declaration includes a general plan for destruction that will be considered by the OPCW's 41-nation executive council on Nov. 15.

Norway's foreign minister announced Friday that the country had turned down a U.S. request to receive the bulk of Syria's chemical weapons for destruction because it doesn't have the capabilities to complete the task by the deadlines given.

The announcement came among renewed fighting in Syria. In the Christian town of Sadad north of Damascus, where al-Qaida-linked rebels and soldiers are fighting for control, a rocket smashed into a home and killed five members of a family, activists said.

At least three women were among the dead, said Rami Abdurrahman of the Britain-based Syrian Observatory of Human Rights. He said it wasn't clear whether the projectile was fired by Syrian soldiers or the hard-line rebels who have been trying to seize the town for the past week.

Abdurrahman said the rocket strike occurred overnight Friday. The Observatory obtains its information from a network of activists on the ground.

He says residents are trapped in their homes in the western neighborhoods of Sadad, which rebels have controlled since taking a checkpoint last week.

The rebels appear to have targeted Sadad because of its strategic location near the main highway north from Damascus rather than because it is inhabited primarily by Christians. But extremists among the rebels are hostile to Syria's Christians minority, which has largely backed President Bashar Assad during the conflict. Other al-Qaida-linked fighters have damaged and desecrated churches in areas they have overrun.

The official Syrian news agency said troops wrested back control of eastern parts of Sadad, but were clashing in other areas.

Also Sunday, Syrian Kurdish gunmen clashed with al-Qaida-linked groups to cement their control of a major border crossing with Iraq. The Kurdish militiamen captured the Yaaroubiyeh post in northeast Syria on Saturday after three days of clashes with several jihadist groups. Abdurrahman said the Kurdish gunmen were fighting pockets of rebels in southern Yaaroubiyeh.

Syria's chaotic three-year-old civil war pits Assad's forces against a disunited array of rebel groups. Al-Qaida-linked hard-liners have fought other groups as well as Kurdish militias who have taken advantage of the government's weakness to cement control over territory dominated by the ethnic minority.

In neighboring Lebanon, another two people were killed by sniper fire during fighting between rival sects in the northern city of Tripoli, the official state news agency reported.

At least nine people have been killed since clashes flared earlier this week, security officials said.

Syria's civil war has effectively spread to Lebanon's second largest city, where it has inflamed tensions between two impoverished Tripoli neighborhoods, home to Assad opponents and supporters.

The Bab Tabbaneh district is largely Sunni Muslim, like Syria's rebels. The other neighborhood Jabal Mohsen mostly has residents of Assad's Alawite sect, an offshoot of Shiite Islam.

The latest round of fighting began four days ago. Tensions had been mounting since Oct. 14, when a Lebanese military prosecutor pressed charges against seven men, at least one of whom was from Jabal Mohsen, for their involvement in twin bombings near two Sunni mosques in Tripoli on Aug. 23 that killed 47 people.

Lebanon shares its northern and eastern border with Syria. Lebanon's Sunni leadership has mostly supported the rebels, while Alawites and Shiites have backed the Assad government. Members of all three sects have gone as fighters to Syria.

 

8.03K
 
...
...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 花蝴蝶亚洲一区二区三区 | 亚洲欧美手机在线观看 | 日本国产在线视频 | 成人欧美视频在线观看播放 | 国产精品区牛牛影院 | 久久 精品 一区二区 | 热99re久久国超精品首页 | 国产视频色 | 国产黑色丝袜在线播放 | 欧美午夜免费一级毛片 | 亚洲欧美成人一区二区在线电影 | 欧美精品国产制服第一页 | 精品入口麻豆传煤 | 亚洲图片偷拍自拍 | 欧美日韩视频在线观看高清免费网站 | 成年免费大片黄在线观看一 | 久久黄色影片 | 国产在线不卡 | 国产91免费在线观看 | 一区二区三区四区亚洲 | 日本黄色绿像 | 亚洲青青青网伊人精品 | 国产一区二区影院 | 91福利专区| 国产免费69成人精品视频 | 免费一级毛片在线播放 | 国产91区精品福利在线社区 | 国产视频精品免费 | 国产大片线上免费观看 | 黄色网络免费 | 韩国一级毛片大全女教师 | 日韩女同性互慰免费视频 | 日本美女黄色片 | 你懂的免费在线 | 国产精品永久免费视频观看 | 成年人午夜影院 | 久久97久久99久久综合 | 亚洲日b| 永久免费视频网站在线观看 | 成在线人免费视频一区二区三区 | 欧美一级毛片欧美一级成人毛片 |