三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Middle East

Possible breakthrough in Syria crisis

China Daily/Agencies | Updated: 2013-09-11 08:54

Possible breakthrough in Syria crisis

People protest against a US military intervention in Syria in Washington on Monday. US Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said he was delaying a key vote on authorizing the use of force in Syria to let US President Barack Obama publicly address the issue. Nicholas Kamm / Agence France-Presse

Damascus agrees to proposal from Moscow to give up chemical weapons

US President Barack Obama said a Russian plan to avert US strike threats on Syria by securing a deal to destroy the government's chemical weapons could be a "significant breakthrough".

Obama warned on Monday he had not taken military strikes off the table, but, in agreeing to consider the Russian initiative, he effectively pushed back the timetable for possible action.

Syrian Foreign Minister Walid al-Muallem on Tuesday said Damascus has "already agreed" to the initiative by Russia for Damascus to hand over its chemical weapons stocks to international control.

"Yesterday, we had a round of very fruitful negotiations with (Russian Foreign Minister) Sergei Lavrov, and he came forward with an initiative on chemical weapons," Muallem said.

"And already (yesterday) in the evening we agreed with the Russian initiative."

In a series of television interviews, he insisted it had only come about because Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and Moscow could see the United States was serious about using force.

"I think what we're seeing is that a credible threat of a military strike from the US, supported potentially by a number of other countries around the world, has given them pause and makes them consider whether or not they would make this move," he told US television network NBC.

"And if they do, then this could potentially be a significant breakthrough. But we have to be skeptical because this is not how we've seen them operate over the last couple of years."

In separate interviews with several US broadcasters, Obama said he had discussed the issue with Russian President Vladimir Putin at last week's G20 summit in St. Petersburg.

Washington's European allies gave a similarly cautious welcome to the plan, and UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon issued his own plea for a mission to secure and dispose of the weapons.

During a meeting with his Syrian counterpart in Moscow, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov urged Damascus to "place chemical weapons under international control and then to have them destroyed".

Iran "favorably welcomes" the Russian plan, the Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Marzieh Afgham said on Tuesday. The proposal should include the destruction of chemical weapons in the hands of rebel groups fighting to topple Assad's government.

Previous 1 2 Next

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 一级免费黄色毛片 | 国产精品第五页 | 国产综合精品在线 | 一级做a爱片特黄在线观看 一级做a爱片特黄在线观看免费看 | 欧美日韩国产在线成人网 | 青草草产国视频 | 三上悠亚先锋影音xfplay | www.黄色在线 | 日本aaaa精品免费视频 | 欧美黄色性| 国产一区二区三区四区 | 欧美成综合网网站 | 在线播放国产色视频在线 | 久久er热这里只有精品免费 | 在线观看免费精品国自产 | 国产精品漂亮美女在线观看 | 国产美女在线精品观看 | 日本免费人成在线网站 | 欧美日韩国产高清一区二区三区 | 你懂的免费在线视频 | 亚洲欧美小视频 | 国产大乳喷奶水在线看 | 国产精品久久久久久久久久98 | 久久精品韩国三级 | 国产精品福利在线观看 | 日本免费乱人伦在线观看 | 精品无码三级在线观看视频 | 亚洲一区二区三区久久 | 一级一级毛片 | 欧美日韩色视频 | 国产在线视频一区二区三区 | 欧亚精品一区二区三区 | 国产精品久久久亚洲456 | 亚洲第一区视频在线观看 | 亚洲福利视频一区二区三区 | 91久久亚洲国产成人精品性色 | 国产99精品一区二区三区免费 | 在线观看欧美国产 | 久久亚洲国产成人亚 | 国自产在线精品免费 | 国产做受视频激情播放 |