三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
Sports / Basketball

NBA moves on Clippers sale, Sterling sues for $1 billion

(Agencies) Updated: 2014-05-31 15:14

NBA moves on Clippers sale, Sterling sues for $1 billion

Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling (C), his wife Shelly (L) attend the NBA basketball game between the Toronto Raptors and the Los Angeles Clippers at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, in this December 22, 2008 file photo. [Photo/Agencies]

NBA moves on Clippers sale, Sterling sues for $1 billion

Former NBA star Yao Ming: All's possible in LA Clippers bid?
LOS ANGELES - The National Basketball Association said on Friday that it has reached an agreement with the estranged wife of Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling to sell the team, opening a new chapter for the franchise after 33 years under Sterling.

Sterling, 80, was banned for life by the NBA for racist remarks in a private conversation that were recorded secretly and leaked to the media while the Clippers were playing in the NBA playoffs. The news brought shame on the league, sponsors cut ties with the team and players considered a boycott.

Also on Friday, Sterling sued the NBA and league Commissioner Adam Silver in US District Court in Los Angeles for at least $1 billion.

As a result of the settlement, the league canceled its Tuesday hearing to terminate Sterling's ownership, avoiding a vote by NBA owners to consider removing one of their own.

In his lawsuit, Sterling says he was unaware he was being recorded and was caught in a jealous quarrel with a "lover." He alleges Silver and the NBA forced him to sell the Clippers using a recording illegal under California law as evidence.

Sterling also says in the suit the NBA did not respond to his query on Friday if the hearing had been canceled following the sale of the Clippers.

NBA executive vice president and general counsel Rick Buchanan called Sterling's lawsuit baseless and said Sterling did not have any recourse since his wife had sold the team.

"There was no 'forced sale' of his team by the NBA - which means his antitrust and conversion claims are completely invalid," Buchanan said in a statement.

Sterling's attorney, Maxwell Blecher, said he had no comment on the NBA's move to tentatively approve the $2 billion sale of the Clippers by Shelly Sterling to former Microsoft Corp chief executive officer Steve Ballmer.

"I have big dreams for the team. I'd love to win a championship. I'd love the Clippers to be the most dynamic, vibrant team and name in professional sports, but I've got a lot to learn," Ballmer said in an interview published by The Los Angeles Times on Friday.

NBA owners still must approve the sale, but the vote is believed to be a formality because Ballmer was vetted by the NBA last year as a suitor for the Sacramento Kings.

As part of the deal between Shelly Sterling, the Sterling Family Trust, which owns the Clippers, and the NBA, she agreed not to sue the league.

Donald Sterling has listed the Sterling Family Trust as a plaintiff in his suit against the NBA which alleges breach of contract and antitrust violations among other damages.

A source with knowledge of the situation told Reuters that Shelly Sterling is now sole trustee of the family trust that controls the Clippers after physicians this month deemed that her husband has Alzheimer's disease.

Blecher did not respond to phone calls or emails seeking comment on Donald Sterling's health. But in a statement to CNN, he said Sterling was had a "modest mental impairment" diagnosis.

In addition to damages, Sterling has asked the court to re-install his top lieutenant Andy Roesler as Clippers CEO and eliminate his $2.5 million fine. Roesler has been placed on indefinite leave and replaced by the NBA with former Time Warner chairman Richard Parsons on an interim basis.

Related stories:

NBA charges Sterling, sets up June 3 hearing

Sterling doubts strike talk

Clippers president on indefinite leave

Most Popular
What's Hot
Highlights
Special
...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 一级做人爰a全过程免费视频 | 亚洲精品视频二区 | 中文字幕亚洲精品 | 在线观看毛片视频 | 成年超爽大片免费视频播放 | 13一14周岁毛片免费 | 青草国产在线视频 | 六月丁香啪啪六月激情 | 欧美污污网站 | 都市激情亚洲色图 | 特级aa一级欧美毛片 | 一级毛片短视频 | 中国xxxx视频播放 | 日韩网站在线观看 | 九九九九精品视频在线播放 | a黄色一级 | 国产午夜精品一区二区三区嫩草 | 久久爱综合网 | 成人爱爱爱欧美日本视频 | 精品亚洲一区二区三区在线播放 | 九一在线完整视频免费观看 | 国产香蕉久久 | 手机看片福利日韩欧美看片 | 亚洲成aⅴ人片在线观 | 国产特级全黄一级毛片不卡 | 国产一级影院 | 国产亚洲一区二区精品 | 久久国产一久久高清 | 亚洲欧美在线综合一区二区三区 | 日本黄色片网站 | 在线视频国产网址你懂的在线视频 | 91精品国产视频 | 91久久国产综合精品女同国语 | 在线免费观看h片 | 日韩毛片欧美一级国产毛片 | 成人免播放器午夜视频 | 免费国产一级特黄aa大片在线 | 免费黄色小视频在线观看 | 久久国产精品-久久精品 | 国产成人影院一区二区 | 在线看免费观看韩国特黄一级 |