三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
China
Home / China / China

Courts to scrap handcuffs, cages for defendants

By An Baijie | China Daily | Updated: 2013-12-04 07:55

Henan judge says suspects will be treated with greater respect during criminal trials

Suspects in Central China's Henan province will no longer be handcuffed or caged while being tried in court, according to the provincial high people's court.

The courts should also allow criminal defendants to wear regular clothes, rather than detainees' orange-colored uniforms while on trial, said Zhang Liyong, president of Henan High People's Court.

The practices are aimed at respecting suspects' rights and improving judicial fairness, Zhang said.

"We should not handcuff or cage defendants in court with the excuse that some defendants have attacked others or even fled during trial."

Zhang made the remarks at a conference attended by judges and lawyers from the province on Monday.

He also forbade the shaving of suspects' heads before they have been convicted of a crime.

The layout of courtrooms should also be changed, with defendants being allowed to sit alongside their lawyers so they can examine evidence, he said.

Suspects should have the opportunity to communicate freely with their lawyers during their trials, but courtrooms currently isolate suspects from their defense lawyers, he said.

Zhang said such practices are in line with principles established at the 6th National Criminal Justice Conference, which was held in Beijing on Oct 14.

During the conference, the Supreme People's Court, China's top court, required courts nationwide to attach great importance to the trial process and to guarantee judicial fairness.

Zhang said the courts should avoid imposing unnecessary pressure on defendants or issuing unjust verdicts such as in the case of Zhao Zuohai.

Zhao, a villager in Shangqiu, Henan province, aroused the public's sympathy in 2010 when it was discovered he had spent 10 years in prison for allegedly murdering a man who was still alive.

Zhao was acquitted and released after the supposed murder victim turned up alive. Three former police officers were arrested on suspicion of torturing Zhao into confessing to a crime that never happened, Xinhua News Agency reported.

Jiang Ming'an, a law professor at Peking University, said more detailed regulations are expected from local justice authorities in line with reforms announced after the Third Plenary Session of the 18th Communist Party of China Central Committee last month.

The reforms include making the judicial system more transparent through recording and retaining all court files and strictly regulating the processes of sentence commutation, parole and medical parole.

To ensure independence and fairness from courts and prosecuting bodies, the judicial authorities will also unify the management of staff members and properties of courts and procuratorates below the provincial level.

Qi Xin contributed to this story.

Editor's picks
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 欧美日韩国产在线观看一区二区三区 | 免费看一级欧美毛片 | 精品一区二区三区亚洲 | 六月丁香激情综合成人 | 成人黄色激情网站 | 国产成人精品magnet | 直接黄91麻豆网站 | 亚洲国产精品热久久2022 | www.毛片在线观看 | 久久久久欧美精品网站 | 日韩一级免费毛片 | 夜色成人免费观看 | 国产精品密蕾丝视频 | 91久久精品一区二区三区 | 久久在线国产 | 日韩精品一区在线 | 欧美性猛交xxxx免费看蜜桃 | 网友自拍视频在线观看 | 成人污视频 | 美国黑人特大一级毛片 | 欧美成亚洲 | 久久免费视频2 | 日韩高清在线日韩大片观看网址 | 免费视频不卡一区二区三区 | 国产农村一一级特黄毛片 | 国产高清晰在线播放 | 国产精品网红女主播久久久 | 国产aaa级一级毛片 国产aaa免费视频国产 | 欧美日韩不卡视频 | 国产大片91精品免费观看男同 | 国产成人永久免费视 | 久久香蕉国产线看观看网站 | 国产一区二区三区福利 | 成年午夜性爽快免费视频不卡 | 美国一级毛片片免费 | 日本美女一区二区 | 国产区综合另类亚洲欧美 | 精品在线观看免费 | 日本三级免费网站 | 大杳焦伊人久久综合热 | 大学生一级毛片免费看真人 |