三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
China / HK Macao Taiwan

Top central gov't official in HK condemns radical separatists for riot

By Timothy Chui in Hong Kong (China Daily) Updated: 2016-02-15 08:11

Top central gov't official in HK condemns radical separatists for riot

An injured TV journalist, center, is helped by his colleague and a riot policeman after being hit by a stone thrown by a protester onto his face during a clash at Mong Kok district in Hong Kong, China, Feb 9, 2016. [Photo/Agencies]

Violence had nothing to do with govt policy on hawkers, chief executive says

A senior central government official in Hong Kong has strongly condemned last week's Chinese New Year riot in Mong Kok.

The riot, which began on the night of Feb 8 and lasted until the following morning, was hatched by "extreme separatist forces" that had become more emboldened and better organized, with increasingly violent acts that showed terrorist tendencies, Zhang Xiaoming, director of the Central People's Government Liaison Office in Hong Kong, said on Sunday.

The whole city was shocked at the events that unfolded, Zhang said, noting that it conflicted with the public's shared aspirations of harmony, stability and the pursuit of happiness.

He said Hong Kong as a whole abhorred the prospect of the city descending into chaos, adding that he believed the Special Administrative Region government and police would respond within the confines of the law to prevent a small minority of separatists from committing irrevocable damage to the rule of law.

Zhang also lashed out at the opposition camp's attempts to justify the violence, arson and destruction of private and public property, condemning efforts to categorize the incident as anything less than a riot.

In a rebuttal to opposition claims and widespread media assertions that protesters were responding to a crackdown on unlicensed fish ball vendors, Chief Executive Leung Chun-ying said the violence wrought last week had nothing to do with government policy on hawkers.

Food and Environmental Hygiene Department workers were merely patrolling the area and had not taken any action to remove hawkers, yet were surrounded by protesters and requested police assistance, he said.

The protesters hurled bricks at police and set fire to rubbish bins in Mong Kok, where more than 100 people were injured.

Leung said the characterization of events as a crackdown on small-scale merchants was unfair, pointing out the government's strong efforts and investment in poverty alleviation over the past four years.

Those efforts, pending passage over opposition filibusters, will continue - with much work remaining on housing, employment and livelihoods to help disaffected members of society, Leung said.

Sixty-five people have been arrested in connection with the incident, with 40 facing charges including rioting, which carries a 10-year maximum prison sentence.

Highlights
Hot Topics
...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲国产日韩欧美高清片a 亚洲国产日韩欧美一区二区三区 | 激情五月婷婷基地 | 国产性大片免费播放网站 | 国产综合视频 | 国产综合图区 | 国产精品1024永久免费视频 | 男人都懂www深夜免费网站 | 全黄一级裸片视频在线观看 | 中文字幕日韩一区二区三区不卡 | 久久er热这里只有精品23 | 欧美成人伊人久久综合网 | 亚洲精品专区一区二区欧美 | 亚洲欧美综合色区小说 | 国内精品久久久久影院嫩草 | 一级女性全黄生活片免费 | 国产在线观看黄色 | 91av视频在线观看 | 国产欧美在线观看一区 | 精品久久国产 | 欧美国产一区二区三区 | 在线观看人成网站深夜免费 | 欧美日本韩国一区 | 新久草视频 | 国产高清色播视频免费看 | 51精品国产 | 国产小视频免费 | 又黄又爽又猛午夜性色播在线播放 | 亚洲精品一区二区三区在线播放 | 不卡一区二区在线观看 | 欧美激情福利视频在线观看免费 | 国产精品久久永久免费 | 色婷婷在线视频 | 久久精品道一区二区三区 | 欧美一二三区在线 | 九色国产在视频线精品视频 | 国产91在线 | 日本 | 国产91精品高清一区二区三区 | 极品国产高颜值露脸在线 | 国产午夜视频在永久在线观看 | 亚洲图片色 | 华人在线视频 |