三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
China / Society

Battle to prevent chemical plant fire reigniting

(Xinhua) Updated: 2015-04-09 19:20

ZHANGZHOU -- Firefighters in East China's Fujian province are working to prevent the chemical plant fire they put out for a third time early on Thursday from reigniting, more than two days after explosions rocked the site.

The blaze at Tenglong Aromatic Hydrocarbon (Zhangzhou) Co. Ltd. on Gulei Peninsula of Zhangzhou city was twice extinguished on Tuesday, but it reignited in both cases. Firefighters put it out again at 2:57 am on Thursday.

Large numbers of firemen are spraying water over storage tanks to cool them down.

There was an oil leak on Monday evening at the plant, which produces paraxylene (PX), used for making fiber and plastics. The oil caught fire, causing explosions at three nearby storage tanks.

The fire, which was put out for the first time around 4:40 pm on Tuesday, started again three hours later as residue in one of the three tanks ignited when exposed to the air.

At around 11:40 pm the same day, the fire was extinguished again, but was seen again at around 2:09 a.m. on Wednesday, according to the emergency response headquarters.

In addition, a fourth tank of nearly 1,500 tonnes of liquid hydrocarbon, caught fire on Wednesday morning.

Over 29,000 people have been evacuated from the surrounding area into temporary camps in logistics parks and schools in Zhangpu County.

"We're worried the fire is not properly out," said a resident of Youwo village of Gulei town.

Another villager surnamed Lin told Xinhua that he and his parents would stay with relatives in another city for a while.

The head of the provincial work safety department said a team sent to investigate the fire classified it as a "work safety incident". More details will be released after investigation.

Provincial environmental and marine affairs departments said no excessive pollutants have been detected in surrounding areas. Pollution monitoring is continuing.

The Tenglong plant covers about 115 hectares, including factories, a specialized wharf for oils and a thermal power station, according to its official website.

The Zhangzhou government had started to permanently relocate people living within 800 meters of the plant before the explosions. Some 10,500 people had moved to new homes by the end of 2014, said Shen Yongxiang, director of the management committee of Gulei economic development zone.

More than 400 people were still living in the area when the fire started, said Shen.

Known primarily for flower and fruit production, Zhangzhou has accelerated industrial development, especially of chemical works, in recent years, after seeing its neighboring cities of Xiamen and Quanzhou benefit from such a drive.

Gulei Peninsula, once famed for carrot production, is now among the seven biggest petrochemical industry bases in China.

Last year, Zhangzhou's gross domestic product grew 11.3 percent year on year to more than 250 billion yuan (about $40 billion). Its economic growth rate topped the list in Fujian for the first time in 52 years.

Highlights
Hot Topics
...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 自拍 亚洲 | 欧美成人片在线 | 国产挤奶水在线视频播放 | 免费在线黄色网址 | 成人国产精品免费视频 | 亚洲人性生活视频 | 成人国产一区二区三区 | 伊人久久青草青青综合 | 在线日本妇人成熟免费观看 | 久久影院中文字幕 | 午夜激情视频 | 国产图片亚洲精品一区 | 亚洲欧洲日产国码久在线观看 | 欧美一级高清片在线 | 日日摸夜夜添夜夜添欧美毛片 | 亚洲第一在线视频 | 国产美女精品三级在线观看 | 一区二区网站在线观看 | 亚洲最新视频在线观看 | 亚洲一区二区三区视频 | 无遮挡啪啪成人免费网站 | 亚洲另类视频在线观看 | 日韩 欧美 亚洲 中文字幕 | 影音先锋男人在线资源 | 成人一区二区免费中文字幕 | 九九精品视频在线观看九九 | 免费黄网大全 | 国产精品伦子一区二区三区 | 黄色一级在线视频 | 亚洲综合国产一区在线 | 色综合亚洲综合网站综合色 | 国产一级不卡毛片 | 亚洲尹人香蕉网在线视颅 | 不卡的毛片| 国产在线视频网站 | 国产亚洲青色国产 | 美女视频黄a视频免费全过程 | 国产日产亚洲系列首页 | 精品久久综合一区二区 | 在线中文字幕第一页 | 欧美精品v欧洲高清 |