三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
China / Society

Crackdown urged on Web terror content

By Hou Liqiang (China Daily) Updated: 2014-06-24 07:37

Security analysts say increase of material on Internet fuels violence

Anti-terrorism experts said the crackdown on terrorist-linked video and audio content on the Internet must intensify, as such information has fueled the spread of religious extremism and terrorist attacks in China.

Video and audio files released on the Internet by the East Turkistan Islamic Movement have spiked - from 32 files in 2012 to 109 last year. In the first three months of this year, the terrorist group released 36 such files.

Terrorist attacks in China also rose sharply last year, and the video and audio files are a direct cause of the increase, security analysts said.

On June 26, 16 terrorists launched an attack in Lukqun, a township in Turpan prefecture of the Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region, leaving 35 dead.

The principal criminal of the gang, Ekrem Usman, said: "We watched some videos, which told us to launch jihad (holy war). We started to watch those videos in 2013."

"He (Ekrem Usman) downloaded the video made by the East Turkistan Islamic Movement, which advocates jihad, to his cellphone at home, then drew people to join his group. He played the video and audio files when they held meetings and gradually developed their ideas of religious extremism," said an officer from the Piquan county public security bureau in Xinjiang.

Terrorists from Xinjiang drove a jeep into a crowd at Tian'anmen Square in Beijing and set the vehicle on fire on Oct 28. Five people, including the three in the jeep, died, and 40 others were injured.

One of the suspects, Yusanjan Wuxuer, who participated in planning the attack, said: "Except for reading books and watching videos, I also received some materials from Usman Asan (the terrorist who killed himself in the attack). Nobody else spread the 'ideas' (extremist and terrorist ideology) to me."

After an attack in Xinjiang's capital, Urumqi, on April 30, which killed three and injured 79 others, the ETIM released a video on how to make a briefcase bomb of the type that was used in the attack. It also claimed responsibility for it.

The "Turkestan Islamic Party", the other name of the ETIM, released a video on the Internet referring to the Tian'anmen attack as "jihad".

After the June 26 terrorist attack in Lukqun, the group released a statement: "It's Allah's order and the act of worship we must do to attack Chinese government organs and police stations and kill heretics and Muslims working for the Chinese government."

According to Xinjiang police, several terrorist attacks against government organs occurred after the statement was released.

With the help of their own or other terrorist groups' websites, free online storage facilities, file-sharing portals, social networking platforms and e-books, the ETIM promotes itself and spreads extremism via videos, said Yalikun Yakuf, deputy director-general of the Xinjiang public security department.

"The terrorists in China recruit new members by downloading those videos made by the ETIM and organize people to watch them, then launch terrorist activities," he said.

"All those who participated in the terrorist attacks of ETIM have watched the videos, produced at home or abroad, that advocate terrorism, separatism or jihad," said Li Sheng, a professor at the Xinjiang development research center of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences.

Apart from strengthening related legislation to prevent the spread of the video and audio content that fuels extremist ideology and instigates ethnic conflict, the government should also promote knowledge of the laws governing such criminal behavior among the public, Li said.

"Even as we protect the Internet and citizens' freedom of speech, we shouldn't give opportunities to the terrorists to make use of that freedom to spread their terrorist ideas," said Li Wei, an anti-terrorism researcher at the China Institutes of Contemporary International Relations.

The ETIM, which advocates violence to force the separation of Xinjiang from China, has been identified as a terrorist group by China, the United States, the European Union and the United Nations.

Contact the writer at houliqiang@chinadaily.com.cn

Highlights
Hot Topics
...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久精品免费视频观看 | 国模私拍福利视频在线透漏 | 亚洲欧洲无码一区二区三区 | 日本内谢69xxxx免费播放 | 黄色在线观看免费 | 国产高清晰在线播放 | 另类图片第一页 | 女人牲交视频一级毛片 | gogo大胆全球裸xxxx图片 | 成人精品一区二区www | 日韩亚洲欧洲在线rrrr片 | 国产高清在线精品一区αpp | 成人精品视频 | 国产一及毛片 | 国产aⅴ片| 国产在线91精品入口首页 | 欧美日韩不卡视频一区二区三区 | 日韩精品亚洲人成在线播放 | 毛片高清一区二区三区 | 成年人小视频在线观看 | 欧美日韩一区二区亚洲 | 老司机一级毛片 | 六月亚洲精品一区 | 亚洲美女综合网 | 国产成人综合日韩精品无 | 大陆1区二区三区 | 久久中文字幕亚洲 | 日高千晶在线观看 | 久久亚洲私人国产精品 | 伊人影院中文字幕 | h版欧美一区二区三区四区 h国产 | 国产日韩欧美亚洲综合在线 | 国产高清一区 | 精品国产品国语在线不卡丶 | 曰韩一级毛片 | 国产美女做爰免费视 | 亚洲黄色在线网站 | 午夜国产视频 | 午夜性a一级毛片 | 久久国产电影 | 欧美69视频在线 |