三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

Make me your Homepage
left corner left corner
China Daily Website

Girl's killer gives new evidence

Updated: 2013-11-20 01:25
By By CAO YIN ( China Daily)

Girl's killer gives new evidence

Han Lei, 39, who was sentenced to death in September for throwing and killing a 2-year-old girl, appears in his second trial on Tuesday in the Beijing Municipal Higher People's Court. The case will be decided at a later date. [Gong Lei / Xinhua]


A man who was sentenced to death for killing a 2-year-old girl appeared in court in Beijing on Tuesday to present fresh evidence in support of his claim that he did not mean to harm the child.

Beijing No 1 Intermediate People's Court sentenced Han Lei to death on Sept 25, after it found him guilty of killing the child in July during an argument with her mother over a car parking space.

The court also sentenced Han's friend, Li Ming, to five years for harboring the criminal. Li drove a white Hyundai car in which Han escaped from the scene.

On July 23, just before 9 pm, the two men drove to a bus station near Keji Road in the Daxing district. Video surveillance footage provided by prosecutors showed Han having a dispute with a woman who had a stroller. He then picked up the child from inside the stroller and threw her to the ground. Two days later, the child died in a hospital from serious head injuries.

During his first trial, Han, 39, insisted that he had been drinking heavily and had thought the stroller was a handcart. He said that he had not intended to harm the child.

He appealed to the Beijing High People's Court on the day of his sentencing and later changed his lawyer.

At 9:35 am on Tuesday, Han and Li, wearing gray uniforms with orange stripes, were taken to the high court. Han smiled to his friends sitting in the public gallery.

In the courtroom, Han reaffirmed that the girl's death was the result of the dispute between him and the girl's mother.

But he said he did not know that he had thrown a child from the stroller until later, when he was informed by his friends.

"It all happened in a brief moment. I just wanted to vent my anger by throwing something," he said. "And my glasses were dirty when I fought with the woman, so I could not see clearly what was in the stroller."

Xu Ping, Han's lawyer from Dacheng Law Offices, provided new evidence during the trial, saying the child's death was the result of negligence on Han's part, not a deliberate intention to kill her.

"The handcart Han described in the first instance, in fact, was not the usual cart one uses for shopping. What he meant was a kind of baby carriage that is sometimes used for moving food from the shops to home," Xu said, showing more than 30 pictures and several videos taken around the scene to prove his point.

In the evidence, some residents said they preferred to put vegetables and fruit in baby carriages, or strollers. They said they were "reusing" them for a different purpose after their children had grown up.

"It's a fact now that strollers are not only used for carrying children," he said. "My client assumed that the stroller containing the girl in the case was being used to move produce, which seems reasonable.

"It was a tragedy, and I was also very sad that Han killed the girl on impulse. But this also tells us that we should not end Han's life in haste," he added.

However, Yue Xueqing, prosecutor at the Beijing People's Procuratorate, said that two witnesses said they heard Han murmur something involving the word "child" as he made the hurling movement, "which could prove that Han was aware of what he was picking up".

Bai Liping, another prosecutor, said the criminal's behavior in rushing toward the stroller also showed that he clearly knew what he was going to do the next.

In Han's final statement, he said he never said anything involving the word "child", requesting that the court subject him and the two witnesses to a lie-detector test.

He also expressed his sorrow at having caused the child's death, but said the child's parents were absent during trials. As he made his apology, a male friend of the girl's parents shouted insults at Han from the public gallery.

As Han was removed from the courtroom, he said he would make great efforts to compensate the victim's family.

A friend of Han, identified only as Zhang, was present at the court hearings and told China Daily that the girl's parents ignored the defendant's offers of compensation and rejected apologies from Han's family.

The high court did not announce a ruling on Tuesday.

8.03K
 
...
Hot Topics
A sailor from British Royal Navy destroyer HMS Daring tries to catch a mooring line to dock in the north side of the bund at Huangpu River in Shanghai December 10, 2013.
...
...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产aav| 乱乳性高清 | 亚洲精品欧美精品 | 鲁丝丝国产一区二区 | 激情免费网站 | 成人三级在线播放线观看 | 精品视频在线免费 | 手机看片日韩在线 | 国产 在线 | 日韩 | 韩国 欧美 日产 国产精品 | 欧美一级毛片国产一级毛片 | 亚洲欧美在线一区二区 | 黄色一级一级 | 女同视频一区二区在线观看 | 亚洲免费美女视频 | 欧美一级日本一级韩国一级 | 狠狠色噜噜狠狠狠狠狠色综合久久 | 日鲁夜鲁鲁狠狠综合视频 | ak福利午夜在线观看 | 麻豆国产视频 | 国产亚洲精品久久久极品美女 | 色草视频 | 国产精品国产三级国产an不卡 | 精品国产一区二区三区不卡在线 | 亚洲一区亚洲二区 | 精品国产一区在线观看 | 一级做a爰片性色毛片思念网 | 日韩视频一 | 精品亚洲在线 | 日本护士xxxx黑人巨大 | 日韩欧美色综合 | 久久精品国产免费看久久精品 | 亚洲综合无码一区二区 | 黄色永久免费 | 国产美女视频网站 | 一级片黄色的 | 国产成人精品免费视频大全软件 | 日韩精品视频在线免费观看 | 国产在线播放免费 | 91亚洲精品一区二区自 | 香港毛片免费看 |