三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
China
Home / China / Hot Issues

Zhejiang plans to probe men's wrongful conviction

By Yan Yiqi in Hangzhou and Cui Jia in Urumqi | China Daily | Updated: 2013-04-10 07:17

Uncle and nephew seek to resume lives after sentence overturned

Two innocent men who recently had their wrongful conviction in Zhejiang province overturned after 10 years in jail are still uncertain about when to apply for state indemnity, although they were informed by the court that it is their right to make the claim more than two weeks ago, their lawyer said on Tuesday.

Zhejiang plans to probe men's wrongful conviction

Zhang Gaoping (left) and Zhang Hui, his nephew, have returned to their home in Shexian county, Anhui province, after being acquitted of wrongful convictions that saw them serve 10 years in prison. Their families bought more than 20,000 yuan ($3,200) worth of firecrackers and fireworks to celebrate their return. Zhang Xinyan / for China Daily

"Their priority for now is to settle down in their hometown, get some treatment for their physical health and adjust themselves into society again. They are too tired to be bothered with other things," said Zhu Mingyong, lawyer for Zhang Gaoping, 47, and his nephew Zhang Hui, 38.

According to the State Indemnity Law, the pair has the right to apply for state indemnity to cover their losses for the wrongful conviction within two years' time, so they are not in a hurry, Zhu said.

The factors that led to the wrongful conviction remain unclear, and a team has been set up to probe the investigation and enforcement processing of the case.

Zhejiang's Judicial and Law Enforcement Committee announced on Monday that it had established a special working team to look into the investigation, prosecution and law enforcement processing of the case, and anyone found responsible for the wrongful conviction will be punished according to law.

The pair were acquitted by the Zhejiang Provincial High People's Court on March 26. The court said it is possible that police used illegal methods to accumulate evidence when investigating the case 10 years ago.

The court reversed its 2004 ruling that included a death sentence with a two-year reprieve for Zhang Hui and a 15-year prison term for his uncle, Zhang Gaoping, for raping and murdering a woman in Hangzhou, Zhejiang province, as there was new evidence showing the possibility of another suspect. Evidence presented during the previous trial was not enough to support the conviction.

Zhu Qiaoxiang, spokeswoman for the committee, said on Tuesday that the investigation is underway. "We will stick to facts and process the work as quickly as possible, and we will keep the public informed about any of our latest findings," she said.

Both men claimed they were forced into confess after a long interrogation.

In an interview with China Central Television, Zhang Gaoping said the interrogation lasted for seven consecutive days with no sleep and little food, and added that he was forced to stay in a squatting posture for a long period of time.

His nephew said a detainee in the detention house named Yuan Lianfang forced him to sign a confession statement. "I refused to sign it, and he punched me in the face," he told CCTV. Yuan was later found to have been involved in another case in Henan province that also turned out to be a wrongful conviction.

Tang Xuebing, spokesman of Zhejiang People's High Court, said at a news conference on March 27 that police instructed inmates at the detention center to force the pair to confess through violence. He also admitted this was the reason for their wrongful conviction.

Zhang Gaoping had appealed their imprisonment in Shihezi, the Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region, but it was not until last year that their appeal was accepted and a new investigation started.

Zhang Biao, a former prosecutor of Shihezi People's Procuratorate, helped the men with their appeal before he retired. He said anyone who caused the wrong verdict should be punished.

"The case did tremendous harm to not only Zhang Gaoping and Zhang Hui, but also to the public. As judicial workers, some of us have failed the public's trust by not protecting innocent people," he said.

Zhang Biao also expressed hope that the efficiency of related departments could be improved.

"If they had responded quickly to their appeal, they would not have wasted 10 years in prison. The acquittal came too late," he said.

Zhang Gaoping's wife had a miscarriage after he was sentenced and filed for a divorce. His mother lost her eyesight, and died brokenhearted in 2009. Zhang Hui's fiancee left him, and his father spent everything the family had to save him.

 

Editor's picks
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
 
主站蜘蛛池模板: 欧美精品黄页在线观看大全 | avtt加勒比手机版天堂网 | 国产精品亚洲一区在线播放 | 国产福利视频一区二区微拍视频 | 国产麻豆精品入口在线观看 | 伊人久久婷婷丁香六月综合基地 | 香蕉eeww99国产在线观看 | 欧美日韩在线视频免费完整 | 在线永久免费观看的毛片 | 乱乳性高清 | 中出欧美| 欧美国产高清 | 男女爽插视频 | 无遮挡高清一级毛片免费 | 亚洲精品黄| 亚洲精品一区二区三区网址 | 色拍拍在线精品视频在线观看 | 2022麻豆福利午夜久久 | 国产日韩亚洲 | 黄色大全网站 | 亚洲欧美在线观看 | 日韩精品久久久免费观看夜色 | 99久久久国产精品免费播放器 | 国产一区国产二区国产三区 | 国产精品视频一区二区三区 | 欧美aaa级| jizjizjiz亚洲人 | 麻豆精品视频网站在线观看 | 极品国产一区二区三区 | 成年人午夜网站 | 男女一级做片a性视频 | 中文字幕日韩理论在线 | 青草视频在线 | 日本免费高清一区 | 国产福利视频一区二区 | 一级黄色在线视频 | 免费一级做a爰片性色毛片 免费一级做a爰片性视频 | 偷拍久久网| 中国国产一国产一级毛片视频 | 国产精品18久久久久久小说 | 成人免费网站在线观看 |