三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
China
Home / China / Society

Fishing bans aim to restock Pearl, Yangtze rivers

By Qiu Quanlin in Guangzhou and Wang Zhenghua in Shanghai | China Daily | Updated: 2013-04-02 00:57

Fishing bans aim to restock Pearl, Yangtze rivers

A fishing boat is anchored in the Yangtze River in Yichang, Hubei province, April 1, 2013. [Photo by Zhou Jianping/Asianewsphoto]

 

Seasonal fishing bans on the Pearl River, and the middle and lower reaches of the Yangtze River, took effect on Monday, in an effort to boost falling fish stocks and protect local ecosystems.

The ban on the Pearl River, China's third-longest, covers some 5,365 kilometers including its tributaries and more than 1,300 square km of lakes.

It stretches into Guangdong, Yunnan, Guizhou, Hunan and Jiangxi provinces and the Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region, and affects some 114,000 fishermen.

Sources with the South China Sea Fishery Bureau under the Ministry of Agriculture said each fisherman being affected will be guaranteed 1,100 yuan ($177) in government subsidies during the ban.

Lin Jianzhi, director of the Zhaoqing branch of the bureau, added each fishing boat will also be granted some 6,000 yuan in compensation.

"After two years of implementing this seasonal ban, fishermen along the river have shown great support to the move.

"They appreciate the ban will benefit them in the long run, in terms of future fish numbers," said Liu Tianrong, the bureau's deputy director.

Liu said the previous bans had improved the number of fish varieties and increased fishermen's income.

In 2012, for example, he said the number of newly hatched fish in the Pearl River increased nine fold, against 2011, the first year the ban was introduced.

"Some illegal activities such as catching fish with storage batteries have been greatly curbed, which will also help protect the river's ecology," Liu said.

In the Yangtze River area, the ban will last for three months, despite some ecologists claiming the annual move - in place since 2002 - had done little to improve the longest river in Asia's ecosystem, or the wildlife in its surrounding areas.

Local authorities have been promoting the ban since late last month, raising awareness among fishermen.

They are ready to send inspection teams to make sure the ban, which will affect about 140,000 fishermen in 10 cities and provinces along a 120-km section of the river, is strictly carried out.

Contact the writers at qiuquanlin@chinadaily.com.cn and wangzhenghua@ chinadaily.com.cn

Editor's picks
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
 
主站蜘蛛池模板: 在线欧美日韩精品一区二区 | 日韩在线中文字幕 | 黄页网站18以下禁止观看 | 香港毛片在线观看 | 特黄特黄一级高清免费大片 | 欧美一级特黄特黄毛片 | 中文字幕欧美日韩 | 欧美日韩综合一区 | 又爽又黄又无遮挡的激情视频免费 | 亚洲精品一区二区三区在 | 久久国产精品免费一区二区三区 | 国产短视频精品一区二区三区 | 特黄免费 | 国产爽视频 | 欧美精品区 | 美国一级特色大黄 | 性殴美| 亚洲精品福利在线 | 亚洲视频第一页 | 国产在线精品二区韩国演艺界 | 久久成人在线观看 | 综合视频网 | 自拍国内 | 日本一区二区三区有限公司 | www.成人.com | 国产精品成 | 黄色在线免费看 | 成人va| 999国产视频 | 亚洲一级爽片 | 久久中文字幕综合不卡一二区 | 国产91福利在线精品剧情尤物 | 日韩精品一区二区在线观看 | 黄色免费大全 | 欧美日韩亚洲精品一区二区三区 | 久草在线免费资源站 | 久草综合在线观看 | 99国产精品免费视频观看 | 苗族一级特黄a大片 | 国产在线播放拍拍拍 | 亚洲无线一二三四手机 |