三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

Society

New round of heavy rain claims seven more lives

By Zheng Jinran (China Daily)
Updated: 2011-06-16 08:02
Large Medium Small

New round of heavy rain claims seven more lives
Firefighters carry out rescue work in a village hit by landslides triggered by rainstorms in Ningguo city of Anhui province on Wednesday. Two villagers were killed in the accident. [Photo / Xinhua]

BEIJING - The floods in Central and South China have killed another seven people and left seven more missing during the past three days, the government said on Wednesday.

Heavy rains that have lashed several southern regions since Monday have forced about 88,000 people in six provinces to leave their homes, the Ministry of Civil Affairs said.

Related readings:
New round of heavy rain claims seven more lives Hubei floods trap school students
New round of heavy rain claims seven more lives China trade unions donate money for flood relief
New round of heavy rain claims seven more lives Flood takes village hero, leaves his family in desperate situation
New round of heavy rain claims seven more lives Flood and mudslide kill 29 in Central China

With heavy rain predicted to fall until Friday, weather agencies in Hunan, Jiangxi, Anhui and Zhejiang provinces issued a red rainstorm alert, the highest level of the warning system, on Wednesday.

Floods since the beginning of June had left more than 170 people dead or missing in Zhejiang, Jiangxi, Hubei, Hunan, Sichuan and Guizhou provinces.

Provinces along the middle and lower reaches of the Yangtze River had received 30 to 50 percent more rainfall than in the same period last year, said Zhang Peiqun, assistant chief engineer of the National Climate Center.

"It's all about the weather. We have no way to change it," Hu Xianqing, a farmer from Shagang village of Yueyang city in Hunan province, told China Daily on Wednesday.

His village experienced severe drought in May, when local reservoirs and lakes were almost empty. "All my 27 hectares of rice were dried up. We can even put fingers between the clefts in the ground," Hu recalled.

However, his farmland was now covered with water up to 4 centimeters deep after heavy downpours hit the village. "Some lower parts of my farmland were inundated by the floods. The rice harvest will be much smaller, that's for sure," Hu said. The farmer added the village's once-dry lake, Xiaojiang Lake, was now overflowing.

More than 72,000 people were evacuated from their homes in East China's Jiangxi and Zhejiang provinces, which since Tuesday have been hit by a new round of rainstorms.

According to the Jiangxi Provincial Flood Control and Drought Relief Headquarters, torrential rains from Tuesday morning have pounded 25 counties and cities in the province.

By Wednesday afternoon, the rain had forced the evacuation of 70,100 people in Jiangxi and toppled 1,320 houses, said a spokesman with the headquarters.

Rescuers in the worst-hit city of Dexing are racing to relocate 5,200 people trapped by floods to safe places, said the spokesman.

The meteorological station predicted that the rain would continue, exceeding 50 millimeters of accumulated rainfall in the provincial capital of Nanchang, Shangrao city and Jingdezhen city.

In Zhejiang, heavy rains since Tuesday have forced the evacuation of 2,059 people in 17 counties, where 79 houses were toppled and 2,370 hectares of farmland damaged, said Liu Fayuan, deputy director of the provincial flood control and drought relief headquarters.

The downpours resulted in a landslide in Qiandaohu town, where a row of warehouses was buried at about 1:34 pm on Wednesday. One person was trapped for four hours before being rescued.

In the southwestern Chongqing municipality, where the heaviest daily rainfall reached 104.2 mm, since Monday more than 110,000 people have been affected by the downpours.

The rains toppled 120 houses, inflicting a direct economic loss of 55.5 million yuan ($8.56 million). No casualties have been reported.

Sun Jun, chief weatherman with the National Meteorological Center, told People's Daily that the sudden change from drought to flood in those areas was due to changes in atmospheric circulation.

Strong warm air from the Bay of Bengal met weak cold air from the Tibetan Plateau around the middle and lower reaches of the Yangtze River, bringing heavy rainfall.

The water levels of more than 20 minor rivers, including branches of Xiangjiang River in Hunan and Qiantang River in Zhejiang, had exceeded the warning line by 0.05 meters to 4.03 meters, according to the State Flood Control and Drought Relief Headquarters in Beijing.

Xinhua contributed to this story.

New round of heavy rain claims seven more lives

 

分享按鈕
主站蜘蛛池模板: 尤物视频在线网站 | 黄色在线网 | 欧美日本黄色片 | 97在线观免费视频观看 | 免费观看一级欧美在线视频 | 性色aⅴ闺蜜一区二区三区 性色a按摩videos | 青青热久免费精品视频在首页 | 欧美日韩一二三四区 | 国产l精品国产亚洲区久久 国产ppp在线视频在线观看 | 2020国产精品亚洲综合网 | 黄大片日本一级在线a | 国产福利在线观看精品 | 一级生活片 | 黄色a视频 | xxx国产hd | 一级成人a毛片免费播放 | 亚洲人成综合网站在线 | free性欧美chinese乱子 | 亚洲精品色婷婷在线影院麻豆 | 欧美另类偷自拍视频二区 | 草草福利视频 | 亚洲精品香蕉一区二区在线观看 | 色多多视频成人影院 | 久久精品国产精品国产精品污 | 精品精品国产高清a毛片 | 一级待一黄aaa大片在线还看 | 欧美一级黄色片在线观看 | 国产精品欧美视频另类专区 | 国产精品无码永久免费888 | 精品国产综合区久久久久99 | 亚洲黄色网址 | 亚洲欧美日韩国产精品久久 | 中文字幕在线看片成人 | 国产一级自拍 | 日本福利视频一区 | 欧美中文字幕一二三四区 | 午夜黄色毛片 | 亚洲欧美日韩高清一区二区一 | 男人午夜影院 | 日韩四区 | 一级黄色录像毛片 |