三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

Society

Worker says he was committed over pay row

By Qiu Quanlin and Guo rui (China Daily)
Updated: 2011-05-04 08:20
Large Medium Small

WUHAN - The story of a man who was allegedly confined for years to a mental health institution after he complained about being underpaid has led critics to ask whether the police overstepped their powers.

Xu Wu, 43, said he once worked for Wuhan Iron and Steel (Group) Corp and claims his ordeal began in 2006 when he approached his bosses and told them he had been underpaid for several years.

After his lobbying failed, Xu took his beef to the authorities in Wuhan and then to Beijing, according to the Guangzhou-based Southern Metropolis Daily.

The paper said Xu was confined to a mental health institution on Dec 31, 2006, after Beijing police took him back to his hometown. According to the paper, Wuhan police said he was committed because he was planning to set off an explosion.

Xu's family told the paper he had been tortured and forced by local police to confess to planning to set off a bomb after he was returned to Wuhan.

Xu's mother, Gong Lianfang, told the paper the family was forced by Wuhan police to agree to have Xu committed because police said "he would have faced criminal charges" if they did not.

A report by a hospital affiliated to the Wuhan Iron and Steel (Group) Corp in 2006 claimed Xu was suffering from paranoid psychosis.

But Xu and his father insisted he had never been diagnosed as having a mental illness, the paper reported.

Xu reportedly escaped from the mental health hospital on March 29, 2007, but was caught soon after and returned.

He escaped again on April 19 and went to the Guangzhou Psychiatric Hospital in a bid to prove he was sane and should not have been committed.

Xu was taken away by unidentified men on April 27 after finishing an interview with a TV station in Guangzhou, the capital of Guangdong province. The men, who were not wearing uniforms and who produced no official documentation, led him away after he left the TV station.

According to reports, he is currently being confined in a hospital affiliated to the Wuhan Iron and Steel (Group) Corp.

His continued confinement has captured the attention of critics.

"Police have the right to take away Xu if Xu was a suspect but, as a man with a mental illness, which is what the hospital says he is, he should only be sent back to hospital by doctors or his family," said Gu Haowei, a Guangdong-based lawyer.

Cases in which law enforcement officers have abused their power and committed a healthy person to a mental health facility have made the headlines in recent years.

Xu Lindong, a farmer from Henan province, was confined to a mental health facility for almost seven years after he complained to the central government between 1997 and 2003 on behalf of a friend with disabilities, whose land had been occupied by a third party.

分享按鈕
主站蜘蛛池模板: 黄网免费看| 免费一区二区三区视频狠狠 | 性感美女在线喷水 | 最新91视频 | 日本美女视频韩国视频网站免费 | 污污网站免费入口链接 | 91国内外精品自在线播放 | 国产亚洲美女精品久久久久狼 | 大杳焦伊人久久综合热 | 99久久久国产精品免费牛牛四川 | 成人午夜免费视频毛片 | 中文字幕在线播放不卡 | 成人瑟瑟 | 在线日本妇人成熟免费观看 | 国产精品日韩欧美在线 | 香蕉视频在线观看www | 蜜桃臀久久伊人福利 | 九九热视频精品在线观看 | 一级特黄牲大片免费视频 | 亚洲国产精品久久日 | 国产成人精品福利色多多 | 欧美一级毛片一级毛片 | 美女mm翘臀后进式动态图 | 日韩一级黄色片 | 中国免费毛片 | 成人日韩精品 | 高清中文字幕 | 在线观看国产一区二区三区 | 簧片免费网站 | 亚色综合 | 色九九视频 | 欧美在线一区视频 | 小明看看免费视频 | 日本高清在线一区二区三区 | 欧美日韩在线播一区二区三区 | 亚洲第一国产 | 亚洲日韩视频免费观看 | 日韩欧美一区二区三区在线观看 | 国产精品日日摸夜夜添夜夜添1 | 91视频免费观看高清观看完整 | 欧美一区二区三区不卡视频 |