CHINA> National
![]() |
Related
Rush to travel back home begins in earnest
By Xin Dingding (China Daily)
Updated: 2009-01-12 07:29 The largest movement of people in the world started in earnest over the weekend with big groups returning home for Spring Festival, which falls on Jan 26.
This Chinese Lunar New Year about 2.32 billion trips will be made in 40 days, or 3.5 percent more than in 2008, and put the public transport system to test till Feb 19, the National Development and Reform Commission said.
About 24.2 million passengers, or 12 percent more than last year, will fly to their destinations, with the rest of the travelers making about 2 billion trips on the road. The Ministry of Railways expects the number of pre-festival travelers to peak between Jan 20 and 24, while the Jan 30-Feb 4 and Feb 10-14 periods would see the highest number of trips after the holiday. The early rush of people returning home this year has surprised the ministry. The railways carried 4.5 million passengers on Saturday and an estimated 4.7 million yesterday, said Zhang Zhenli, railway official in charge of transport during Spring Festival. Railway bureaus in major cities such as Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou added 319 temporary express trains yesterday to deal with the travel rush. "Seats have replaced sleepers in the temporary trains so that they can carry more passengers," Wang Yongping, ministry spokesman, said at a press conference on Saturday. That has increased the number of seats in a coach by 40 to 50. But a lot of people are still finding it difficult to book a train ticket. And 67.8 percent people feel scalpers are mainly to blame for that, Xinhuanet.com cited a survey as having said on Jan 7. The ministry has promised to deal strictly with scalpers and fire ticket-selling clerks who help them. An example of what beefed-up security can do was seen in Guangzhou, where police busted a gang of fake ticket makers on Jan 7 and seized about 60,000 fake train tickets from them, the Guangzhou Daily reported yesterday. Charges denied Wang denied allegations by Alstom Transport, the world's second biggest coach maker, that China was selling Western technology to the West and was gradually shutting down its market. Wang said China's market has always been open to outside suppliers. "Foreign firms can enter China's market, provided they follow the law and we have already worked in cooperation with many foreign companies," he said. In a report published in the Financial Times on Jan 1, Alstom chief executive Philippe Mellier said Chinese firms should not export locomotives and coaches using technology borrowed from Western suppliers. Wang responded that Chinese firms bought the technology from countries such as Germany, France, Japan and Canada to make 200 kph multiple unit trains in 2004. But later, the technology and design was upgraded indigenously to make trains that could run at 300-350 kph, he said. That makes China the full owner of their intellectual property rights. "Though China has not got any order for multiple unit trains from overseas customers, we definitely have the right to do so," a ministry official said on condition of anonymity. "The fact is that Chinese train makers can't cope with the domestic demand for high-speed trains in the first place," he said. |
主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久综合精品不卡一区二区 | 亚洲午夜精品专区国产 | 欧美大片一区二区三区 | 久青草视频免费视频播放线路1 | www视频免费在线观看 | 国产热视频 | 国产三级在线观看 | 高清一级做a爱视频免费 | 国产精品偷伦视频免费观看了 | 91国内视频在线观看 | 黄色在线 | 国产乱码精品一区二区三区四川人 | 大黄网站在线观看 | 午夜视频在线观看视频 | 成人毛片18女人毛片免费 | 青草视频在线观看视频 | 国产爆操 | 国产成a人亚洲精v品久久网 | 日韩精品亚洲专区在线影视 | 成人视屏在线 | 欧美国产高清 | 国产成人综合网亚洲欧美在线 | 久久免费精品 | 99久久精品免费国产一区二区三区 | 嘿嘿嘿视频免费网站在线观看 | 99亚洲视频 | 精品一区二区三区在线视频 | 日本一本高清视频 | 欧美成人免费午夜影视 | 妖精视频免费入口 | 一本大道香蕉中文日本不卡高清二区 | 91精品综合久久久久m3u8 | 国产片性视频免费播放 | 亚洲国产精品久久久久久网站 | 欧美成人精品欧美一级乱黄 | 一区二区视频在线观看 | 国产在线高清不卡免费播放 | 成人在线视屏 | 91视频最新网站 | 91.久久| 不卡一区在线观看 |