三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

   

Quake-stricken residents improvise as best they can

(Xinhua)
Updated: 2007-06-06 17:12

NING'ER, Yunnan Province -- Residents in quake-battered Ning'er County in southwest China's Yunnan Province are sheltering in makeshift homes and tents after being left homeless by a strong earthquake which hit the province on Sunday.

Related readings:
 Quake-resistant homes to be built
Yunnan Province yesterday launched a 10-year project to reinforce houses in rural areas to withstand the force of destructive earthquakes.
 Experts closely monitoring situation
A strong earthquake that killed three and shook up thousands of others yesterday morning in Yunnan was "no surprise" to seismological officials, who claimed the southwest province experiences 40 percent of the country's perceivable tremors.
 Hu orders all-out efforts into earthquake rescue

 Strong earthquake in southwest China kills 3
 Animals to be used as quake sensors
 Strong quake hits East China Sea

A local resident clears the debris of his house following a strong earthquake in Ning'er, Southwest China's Yunnan Province, June 3, 2007.[Xinhua] more photos

By Tuesday morning, around 5,000 tents had been allocated to residents, and officials with the Ning'er County Civil Affairs Bureau said another 15,000 tents are needed.

In outlying Huangliang village, only seven tents are available for 117 villagers, and some residents have had to build makeshift shelters with rain-proof cloth and tarpaulins. The price of tarpaulins has risen by about 30 percent.

The roads and highways leading to Ning'er today were thronged with trucks carrying disaster-relief material.

Wang Weiwei, deputy county chief, said the county has received about 8.2 million yuan (about 1.06 million U.S. dollars) of donations, and tents, quilts, food, water and bags of rice are being trucked in.

"But the damage is very extensive, and we are basically short of everything," said Wang.

In schools, tents are being set up for some 670 students who are about to take the coming national college entrance examination.

The county education bureau has organized training on emergency evacuation for about 80 examiners and stocked up on bottled water, instant noodles and medicine for the students.

"Taking an exam in a tent is a pretty weird experience. Everyone is a bit on edge, but you just have to calm down and do the best you can," said Guo Chunyan, one of the students.

A strong earthquake measuring 6.4 on the Richter Scale hit the province early on Sunday, killing three but affecting more than a million people. Seismologists have recorded more than 1,400 after-shocks in Ning'er since the quake struck.

According to the latest statistics from the Ning'er disaster relief headquarters, 242,000 houses in rural areas have been damaged, including 140,000 houses seriously damaged and and 34,300 destroyed. In addition, 12,000 houses in the urban area were damaged.



Top China News  
Today's Top News  
Most Commented/Read Stories in 48 Hours
主站蜘蛛池模板: a级情欲片在线观看免费女中文 | 亚洲精品日韩中文字幕久久久 | 青草青视频在线观看 | 欧美三级中文字幕 | 3344成年站福利在线视频免费 | 俄罗斯一级毛片免费视频 | 国产成人综合网亚洲欧美在线 | 久热re在线视频精品免费 | 国产精品手机网站 | 91www在线观看 | 中文字幕一区二区区免 | 四色婷婷婷婷色婷婷开心网 | 在线观看成年美女黄网色视频 | 又黄又爽的成人免费视频播放 | 网友自拍区一区二区三区 | 久久久久久久久久久96av | 亚洲精品无线乱码一区 | 国产专区在线播放 | 黄色毛片视频在线观看 | 久久人体视频 | 国拍在线精品视频免费观看 | 日本不卡中文字幕一区二区 | 九九热精品视频在线播放 | 国产青榴社区91精品 | 日韩中文视频 | 最刺激黄a大片免费观看下截 | 一级毛片一级毛片免费毛片 | 男人午夜免费视频 | 黄色在线免费网站 | 免费高清国产 | 九九九色视频在线观看免费 | 免费观看欧美一级特黄 | 国产成人精品综合久久久软件 | 亚洲一级在线 | 亚洲欧美一区二区久久香蕉 | 国产在线观看高清精品 | 无遮挡一级毛片呦女视频 | 久久免费视频7 | 久久久www免费人成看片 | 黄色片网战 | 欧美性生交大片 |