三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Americas

The Atlantic releases full text of group chat on Yemen airstrike plans, White House responds

Xinhua | Updated: 2025-03-27 11:33
Share
Share - WeChat

WASHINGTON -- Jeffrey Goldberg, the editor-in-chief of The Atlantic, released on Wednesday the full content of a group chat regarding the operation plan to strike Houthi forces in Yemen, after President Donald Trump and several high-ranking officials claimed the group chat did not contain classified information.

In an article titled "The Trump Administration Accidentally Texted Me Its War Plans" published on Monday, Goldberg detailed how senior US national security officials recently added him to a Signal group chat discussing a military strike on Houthi forces in Yemen. Signal is an open-source, encrypted messaging service.

Goldberg said that on March 15, the account labeled "Pete Hegseth," matching the name of the US secretary of defense, sent a message in the chat with operational details of forthcoming strikes on Yemen, scheduled to take place in two hours. The message included information about "targets, weapons the US would be deploying, and attack sequencing."

Goldberg did not release the specific details of the message at that time, saying that "information contained in them, if they had been read by an adversary of the United States, could conceivably have been used to harm American military and intelligence personnel."

In the newly published article, Goldberg and his colleague Shane Harris fully disclosed this information. In an update to the group chat at 11:44 am Eastern Time on March 15, Hegseth said that "Weather is FAVORABLE. Just CONFIRMED w/CENTCOM we are a GO for mission launch." Centcom, or Central Command, is the US military's combatant command for the Middle East.

The Hegseth text also outlined the timeline of the military operation, detailing the launch and strike schedule: "1215et: F-18s LAUNCH (1st strike package)" "1345: 'Trigger Based' F-18 1st Strike Window Starts (Target Terrorist is @ his Known Location so SHOULD BE ON TIME - also, Strike Drones Launch (MQ-9s)"...

"Experts have repeatedly told us that use of a Signal chat for such sensitive discussions poses a threat to national security," Goldberg and his colleague said.

"If this information -- particularly the exact times American aircraft were taking off for Yemen -- had fallen into the wrong hands in that crucial two-hour period, American pilots and other American personnel could have been exposed to even greater danger than they ordinarily would face," they argued.

The article said that The Atlantic sent emails to the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, the National Security Council, the Department of Defense, and the White House, asking if they objected publishing the full texts. White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt emailed a response, reiterated that there was no classified information in the chat, but stated that it was intended to be an "internal and private deliberation" among senior officials, involving sensitive information, and therefore opposed its release.

"There is a clear public interest in disclosing the sort of information that Trump advisers included in nonsecure communications channels, especially because senior administration figures are attempting to downplay the significance of the messages that were shared," the article argued.

Shortly after the article was published on Wednesday, US Vice-President JD Vance responded on social media, saying that "It's very clear Goldberg oversold what he had."

Vance also noted that CIA Director John Ratcliffe was attacked by Goldberg for mentioning a CIA official's name in the group chat, but it turned out that Ratcliffe had only mentioned his chief of staff.

On a Senate Intelligence Committee hearing on Tuesday, Ratcliffe said that the official was not undercover and that sharing the name in the Signal conversation was "completely appropriate."

The Atlantic's latest article, however, said that a CIA spokesperson asked them to withhold the name of Ratcliffe's chief of staff, because CIA intelligence officers are traditionally not publicly identified. "We will continue to withhold the name of the officer," the article said.

At a press conference on Wednesday, the White House press secretary continued to stand by the statement that there is no classified information in the group chat. "This message, there was no classified information transmitted. There were no war plans discussed," she said.

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 欧美激情在线精品三区 | 国产一区二区不卡 | 国产精品偷拍 | 亚洲精品一区二区三区人妖 | 国产黄色片大全 | 综合婷婷丁香 | 国产在线观看一区精品 | 日韩www视频 | 国产中文一区 | 直接看黄的网址 | 亚洲免费区 | 九九视频免费在线观看 | 超黄视频网站 | 九一视频在线免费观看 | 久久精品视频亚洲 | 色cccwww在线播放 | 伊人一区二区三区 | 国产精品激情福利视频 | 99热国产这里只有精品免费 | 视频在线二区 | a毛片免费| 欧美特黄高清免费观看的 | 国产在线一区二区三区在线 | 亚洲一级理论片 | 成年人黄色一级片 | 亚洲一区无码中文字幕 | 织田真子中文字幕 | 国产极品久久 | 五月婷婷色视频 | 亚洲 欧美 综合 | 欧美成人精品一区二三区在线观看 | 免费一级特黄 | 国产三级全黄 | a国产| 2015日韩永久免费视频播放 | 欧美成人禁片在线观看网址 | 欧美激情级毛片 | 香蕉视频好色先生 | 一级a做爰片欧欧美毛片4 | 国产视频三级 | 国产三级日本三级美三级 |