三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Americas

Boeing seeks to withdraw guilty plea agreement over 737 MAX crashes

Xinhua | Updated: 2025-03-25 15:49
Share
Share - WeChat
Boeing 737 MAX aircraft are assembled in Renton, Washington, US June 25, 2024. 

SAN FRANCISCO - Boeing is seeking to withdraw an agreement to plead guilty to a criminal fraud charge related to two fatal 737 MAX crashes, The Wall Street Journal reported on Monday, citing sources familiar with the matter.

The company is reportedly seeking more lenient treatment from the US Department of Justice (DOJ).

The crashes, which occurred in 2018 and 2019, claimed 346 lives. The DOJ accused Boeing of deliberately misleading regulators about the Maneuvering Characteristics Augmentation System, which had a critical flaw that contributed to both accidents.

In 2021, Boeing and the DOJ entered into a deferred prosecution agreement, allowing the company to avoid a criminal conviction if it complied with certain conditions for three years. However, just days before the agreement was set to expire, a newly delivered 737 MAX plane operated by Alaska Airlines suffered an inflight panel detachment, raising renewed concerns over Boeing's quality control and manufacturing practices.

In May 2024, the DOJ determined that Boeing had violated the terms of the agreement, leading to a plea deal reached in July. The proposed deal required Boeing to pay a fine of 244 million US dollars, invest 455 million dollars in compliance and safety improvements, and accept the oversight of an independent monitor. However, in December 2024, US District Judge Reed O'Connor rejected the plea agreement.

Judge O'Connor has set an April 11 deadline for Boeing and the DOJ to provide an update on how they plan to proceed. The Wall Street Journal reported that Boeing is now preparing to withdraw its guilty plea agreement and aims to avoid the appointment of an independent monitor.

Families of the crash victims have criticized the plea deal, arguing that it is too lenient and gives Boeing too much influence in selecting the independent monitor. Mark Lindquist, an attorney representing some victims' families, said Boeing had already received favorable treatment under the 2021 agreement. "They violated that agreement. Now they want an even sweeter deal," he further said.

The court docket doesn't include any formal notice from Boeing or the DOJ to withdraw the agreement yet.

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - 2025. All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 57pao国产成永久免费视频 | 欧美成人午夜毛片免费影院 | 黄色免费影视 | a级免费毛片 | 黄色影院在线观看 | 站长推荐精品午夜免费影院 | 伊人影院在线观看视频 | 亚洲精品九色在线网站 | 在线一区二区三区 | 香蕉久久网站 | 国内一区二区三区精品视频 | 日本一区二区在线不卡 | 精品国产3p一区二区三区 | 欧美特级黄色录像 | 韩国一级做a爰片性色毛片 韩国一级做a爱性色毛片 | 特黄特色视频 | 亚洲一区二区三区高清 | 玖玖玖精品视频免费播放 | 国产在线欧美日韩一区二区 | 精品国产一区二区麻豆 | 四虎现在的网址入口2022 | 成人国产精品免费软件 | 黄色亚洲片 | 久久99精品视频在线在线观看 | 朴妮唛1一30集福利在线播放 | 国内精品久久久久久久久 | 无圣光私拍一区二区三区 | 波多野结中文字幕在线69视频 | 国产成人经典三级在线观看 | 久久999视频 | 欧美成人片在线 | 香蕉大黄香蕉在线观看 | 国产主播福利一区二区 | 中文字幕视频在线播放 | 久久国产精品久久久 | 欧美色就色 | 国产成人禁片免费观看视频 | 亚洲精品第五页中文字幕 | 国产成人久久精品激情 | 99久热re在线精品视频 | 色中文|