三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Europe

London Heathrow Airport resumes some flights after major fire disrupts operations

Xinhua | Updated: 2025-03-22 05:24
Share
Share - WeChat
A person points towards an electrical substation, after a fire there wiped out the power at Heathrow International Airport, in Hayes, London, Britain, March 21, 2025. [REUTERS/Isabel Infantes]

LONDON - The first plane landed at London Heathrow on Friday as the airport resumes some flights following its closure caused by a major fire at an electrical substation nearby.

"Following an earlier power outage, Heathrow is now safely able to restart flights," the airport said in a statement.

"To maintain the safety of our passengers and colleagues, Heathrow will be running a reduced operation prioritizing repatriation and relocation of aircraft," it said, while suggesting passengers contact their airline for further information.

To help ease congestion following the closure of the airport, restrictions on overnight flights have been temporarily lifted, the Department for Transport said in a post on X.

Heathrow, one of the world's busiest airports, hopes to run a full service on Saturday. The closure is estimated to have disrupted the travel plans of 200,000 people, The Guardian reported.

The airport's chief executive Thomas Woldbye apologized on Friday to passengers, calling the incident "as big as it gets for our airport." "Tomorrow morning we expect to be back in full operation, so 100 percent operation as a normal day," Woldbye said.

Meanwhile, counter-terror officers from the Metropolitan Police are leading the investigation into the fire at the nearby electricity substation that has closed the airport.

A Met spokesperson said its Counter Terrorism Command was leading the investigation due to "the location of the substation and the impact this incident has had on critical national infrastructure."

There was "currently no indication of foul play," but the spokesperson added that officers were retaining an "open mind at this time" regarding the cause of the blaze.

Flights had been canceled, people evacuated from their homes, and local schools shut after two explosions and a fire at an electrical substation in Hayes, west London, on Thursday night. Some planes had been diverted to other airports, including London Gatwick Airport, those in Paris, and Shannon Airport in Ireland.

The airport, which handled a record 83.9 million passengers last year, said its backup diesel generators had "all operated as expected... but they are not designed to allow us to run a full operation."

Ofgem, Britain's energy regulator, announced it would commission a review "to understand the cause of this incident and what lessons can be learned".

A view shows the entrance of the Terminal 4 at Heathrow International Airport, after a fire at a nearby electrical substation wiped out the power at the airport, near London, Britain, March 21, 2025. [REUTERS/Carlos Jasso]
Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 欧美日韩亚洲精品一区二区三区 | 三级在线国产 | 99精品久久秒播无毒不卡 | 国产精品视频久久 | 国产黄色免费网站 | 久草视频网 | 99久免费精品视频在线观看2 | 成人黄色免费网站 | 无套国产 | 99视频在线永久免费观看 | 深夜国产一区二区三区在线看 | 免费二级c片在线观看a | 国产成人三级经典中文 | 精品国产欧美一区二区 | 6080亚洲| 91久久精品青青草原伊人 | 国产精品黄大片观看 | 亚洲色啦啦狠狠网站 | 91短视频免费 | 国产精品久久久久这里只有精品 | 国产精品成人一区二区不卡 | 国产精品资源手机在线播放 | 欧美成人特黄级毛片 | 国产精品福利资源在线 | 国产精品久久久亚洲 | 亚洲欧美一区二区三区在线播放 | 久久久久国产精品免费看 | 丰满老妇猛交视频 | 日韩欧美国产偷亚洲清高 | 大美女香蕉丽人视频网站 | 波多久久夜色精品国产 | 日韩欧美一及在线播放 | 亚洲天堂美女视频 | 皮皮在线精品亚洲 | 国产一级片在线 | 亚洲毛片在线播放 | 日韩黄色免费观看 | 99久久精品6在线播放 | 国产中日韩一区二区三区 | 国产亚洲美女精品久久久 | 欧美久在线观看在线观看 |