三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Europe

EU pledges $6.3 billion support for Syria at Brussels conference

Updated: 2025-03-19 09:12
Share
Share - WeChat
Asaad Hassan al-Shibani (center), head of Syria's foreign affairs authority, poses for a photo in Brussels on Monday. YVES HERMAN/REUTERS

BRUSSELS — Donors at a European Union-led conference on Monday pledged 5.8 billion euros ($6.3 billion) to help Syria.

The pledges at the Brussels gathering were less than last year's 7.5 billion euros in grants and loans, as EU officials pointed to US aid cuts as a major contributing factor.

The annual conference has been hosted by the EU since 2017.

In a first for a top official from Damascus, Asaad Hassan al-Shibani, head of Syria's foreign affairs authority, attended the conference along with dozens of European and Arab ministers and representatives of international organizations.

"This is a time of dire needs and challenges for Syria, as tragically evidenced by the recent wave of violence in coastal areas," EU foreign policy chief Kaja Kallas said.

But she said it was also "a time of hope", citing an agreement struck on March 10 to integrate the Kurdish-led and US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces, which control much of Syria's northeast, into new state institutions.

About 16.5 million people in Syria require humanitarian aid, with 12.9 million people needing food aid, according to the EU.

European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen said at the meeting that the EU was increasing its pledge to Syrians in the country and the region to almost 2.5 billion euros for 2025 and 2026. This includes an increase of about 160 million euros to its previous pledge for this year.

Earlier on Monday, European Commissioner Hadja Lahbib said US cuts to humanitarian and development aid had limited the money available for Syria.

Syria's Shibani expressed his appreciation for the pledge by the EU and its partners.

"The reconstruction of Syria is a joint effort and a global partnership that we hope with our friends would contribute to a breakthrough to the Syrian people for further prosperity and progress," he said in a post on X.

In another development, Syria and Lebanon reached an agreement to implement a cease-fire along their shared border and enhance military coordination on Monday, Syria's defense authorities announced.

The agreement, reached between the defense authorities of both countries, aims to de-escalate tensions and prevent further hostilities in the border region.

The announcement follows a recent escalation between Syria and Hezbollah after Damascus accused the group of kidnapping and executing three Syrian soldiers near the border, an allegation Hezbollah has denied. Syria also blamed Hezbollah for a targeted attack on journalists and for shelling a water station in western Homs, further fueling tensions.

Agencies - Xinhua

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲视频第二页 | 欧美在线乱妇一级毛片 | 亚洲精品女同一区二区三区 | 亚洲视频一区网站 | 特一级黄色毛片 | 99精品热视频这里只有精品7 | 免费亚洲视频在线观看 | 麻豆小视频在线观看 | 亚洲成网站www久久九 | 小明成人永久在线看 | 色综合久久综合 | a男人的天堂久久a毛片 | 国产一级片视频 | 东京不太热在线视频免费 | 日本美女黄色片 | 成人午夜爽爽爽免费视频 | 国产亚洲高清在线精品不卡 | 亚洲精品久久久久综合网 | 福利片视频区 | 日本三级免费网站 | 九九在线精品视频 | 精品视频一区二区三区四区 | 亚洲天堂精品视频 | 亚洲qingse | 国产尻逼 | 制服丝袜第一页在线 | 中文字幕影视 | 麻豆视频秘密入口 | 18年大片免费在线观看 | 国产日产欧产麻豆精品精品推荐 | 国产精品入口麻豆免费观看 | 极色影院 | 午夜视频污 | 日本xxxxx黄区免费看动漫 | 成人免费视频网站 | 婷婷中文在线 | 午夜一级影院 | 小明明看看视频永久免费网 | 久久亚洲人成网站 | 亚洲黄网在线观看 | 欧美一级特黄刺激大片视频 |