三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
Sports
Home / Sports / Soccer

'Overpaid' and 'not good enough': Ratcliffe slams flops

Updated: 2025-03-12 09:44
Share
Share - WeChat
In a recently-aired interview, Jim Ratcliffe is scathing in his assessment of Manchester United players. AP

LONDON — Manchester United co-owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe has blasted some of his troubled club's stars as "not good enough" and "probably overpaid".

Ratcliffe made his scathing assessment after enduring a dismal start to his reign at Old Trafford since taking charge of soccer operations in February last year.

The British billionaire named Rasmus Hojlund, Andre Onana and Casemiro, as well as Jadon Sancho and Antony, who are out on loan to other clubs, as the chief causes of his frustration.

Sancho and Antony are currently enjoying resurgent spells at Chelsea and Real Betis, respectively, after underachieving with United.

In reference to United still paying installments of transfer fees on several players, Ratcliffe, who shares ownership with the US-based Glazer family, told the BBC in an interview broadcast on Monday: "If you look at the players we are buying this summer, that we didn't buy, we're buying Antony, we're buying Casemiro, we're buying Onana, we're buying Hojlund, we're buying Sancho.

"These are all things from the past, whether we like it or not, we've inherited those things and have to sort that out.

"For Sancho, who now plays for Chelsea and we pay half his wages, we're paying 17 million pounds ($21.9 million) to buy him in the summer."

Asked if he was suggesting that those players were not good enough for United, Ratcliffe said: "Some are not good enough, and some probably are overpaid, but for us to mold the squad that we are fully responsible for, and accountable for, will take time."

After United finished eighth in the Premier League last season and won the FA Cup, Ratcliffe and his United advisors opted to stick with boss Erik ten Hag.

After United endured another wretched early run, the Dutchman was sacked in October and replaced by Ruben Amorim.

INEOS chairman Ratcliffe has accepted that the decision to keep Ten Hag was a mistake.

He applied the same verdict to his decision to hire Dan Ashworth as sporting director, a role Ashworth left in December after just five months.

'Returning to greatness'

"I agree the Erik ten Tag and Dan Ashworth decisions were errors," the 72-year-old said.

"I think there were some mitigating circumstances, but, ultimately, they were errors. I accept that and I apologize for that."

Despite United's struggles since Amorim took charge, leaving it 14th in the Premier League, Ratcliffe insisted he would keep faith with the former Sporting Lisbon boss.

"If I actually look at the squad which is available to Ruben, I think he is doing a really good job to be honest," he said.

"I think Ruben is an outstanding young manager. I really do. He's an excellent manager and I think he will be there for a long time."

Backing Amorim's decision to allow England forward Marcus Rashford to join Aston Villa on loan, Ratcliffe said: "He wants a dressing room that is full of people who are totally committed to winning football matches.

"He won't tolerate people who don't have 100 percent of that attitude. The players have to be in the same box."

Ratcliffe made his incendiary comments on United's moribund team just 24 hours after thousands of fans took part in a protest against the club's ownership ahead of Sunday's 1-1 draw with Arsenal at Old Trafford.

Angry chants were directed at the Glazers and Ratcliffe, whose controversial off-field decisions have included a mid-season ticket price hike, as well as a further 200 anticipated staff redundancies after 250 jobs were cut last year.

Ratcliffe claimed the "unpleasant" cost-cutting measures were "necessary" because the club would "run out of money at Christmas if we don't do those things".

AFP

Most Popular

Highlights

What's Hot
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲欧美日韩综合一区 | 91入口| 欧美高清不卡 | 成人精品国产 | 国产短视频在线观看 | 亚洲视频网站在线观看 | 99色吧| 91精品在线国产 | 亚洲国产精品日韩高清秒播 | 一个看片免费视频www | 免费看成人毛片日本久久 | 高清潢色大片 | 久草在线观看首页 | 日韩亚洲一区二区三区 | 一级特色黄色片 | 免费国产视频在线观看 | 日本一级爽毛片在线看 | 老年人黄色一级片 | 毛茸茸年轻成熟亚洲人 | 国产精品视频成人 | 日韩视频一区二区 | aaaaaaa一级毛片| 国内日本精品视频在线观看 | 成人精品在线观看 | 毛片大全在线观看 | 伊人久久综合影院首页 | 亚洲图片二区 | 又黄又爽视频 | 国产在线黄 | 免费一级大片 | 最新国产区 | 亚洲天堂婷婷 | 中日韩欧美在线观看 | 国产精品一区二区久久精品 | 亚洲国产成人久久一区久久 | 亚洲欧美日韩在线2020 | 国产视频1区 | 日本一区二区三区在线观看视频 | 黑人巨大videosjapan高清 黑人巨大vsさとう遥希 | 新一级毛片国语版 | 亚洲国产日韩在线观频 |