三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Europe

Britain to increase defence spending to 2.5 pct of GDP by 2027: PM

Xinhua | Updated: 2025-02-25 21:05
Share
Share - WeChat

LONDON -- British Prime Minister Keir Starmer announced on Tuesday that the country will increase its defence spending to 2.5 percent of gross domestic product (GDP) by 2027.

Speaking in the House of Commons, lower house of the parliament, ahead of his meeting with US President Donald Trump in Washington later this week, Starmer made the announcement in an unexpected statement.

"We will deliver our commitment to spend 2.5 percent of GDP on defence, but we will bring that forward so we reach that level in 2027," he told lawmakers. "And we will maintain that for the rest of this parliament."

Starmer said that this increase will amount to an additional 13.4 billion pounds (about $17 billion) in annual defence spending from 2027. Britain's current defence spending stands at about 2.3 percent of GDP.

The prime minister also said that Britain's defence spending will rise to 3 percent of GDP in the next parliament, subject to economic and fiscal conditions.

The North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and Britain's international allies can trust that the British government will "put our collective security first", Starmer said.

To fund the rise in defense spending, Starmer said the government will cut spending on development assistance from 0.5 percent to 0.3 percent of GDP in 2027.

"This is not an announcement I am happy to make," Starmer said, adding that Britain will continue to play a key humanitarian role in Ukraine, Gaza and other regions, as well as in tackling climate change, supporting global health and advancing vaccination efforts.

Britain had been planning to lay out a "pathway" to raise its defence pending to 2.5 percent of GDP via a strategic defence review in the spring. However, mounting pressure has forced the government to fast-track the plan, amid concerns that Europe could be sidelined by negotiations between the United States and Russia to end the Russia-Ukraine conflict.

On Monday night, French President Emmanuel Macron, who met Trump in Washington, said a truce between Ukraine and Russia could be agreed in the coming weeks.

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 日韩免费一区 | 日韩字幕 | 妖精视频永久在线入口 | 欧美亚洲国产精品第一页 | 日韩一级在线观看 | 黄色影院网站 | 美女一级毛片毛片在线播放 | 美女被网站免费看九色视频 | 日本人与黑人xxxx | 加勒比色老久久爱综合网 | 免费看黄色一级毛片 | 极品国产高颜值露脸在线 | 欧美太黄太色视频在线观看 | 亚洲一页| 伦理片一级 | 国产日比| 久草在线观看福利视频 | 国产黄色福利 | 久久99国产精一区二区三区! | 国产亚洲高清在线精品不卡 | 成人精品视频网站 | 欧美日韩在线精品成人综合网 | 精品樱空桃一区二区三区 | 偷看老师裙底无内裤福利图片 | 2020国产成人免费视频 | 一起色色 | 玖玖精品在线 | 欧美日韩国产成人综合在线影院 | 激情婷婷成人亚洲综合 | 精品三级三级三级三级三级 | 国产午夜精品一区二区三区不卡 | 在线观看免费精品国自产 | 成年人黄视频在线观看 | 俄罗斯小屁孩cao大人免费 | 亚洲视频第二页 | 久久综合一区二区三区 | 久久青青草原精品国产不卡 | 欧美精品成人一区二区视频一 | 狠狠色噜噜狠狠狠狠888奇米 | 91在线网址| 免费一级欧美毛片 |